Not new, just looking for more UK buddies!

Options
Not being xenophobic or anything just looking for more British buds! I always seem to confused a lot of my American friends with some of the things I talk about and will also ask for confectionery recommendations which is pretty much useless unless you have someone local within earshot.

Add me Ukers! Others can add me too but I'm mainly looking for local & supportive people.

Replies

• yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    BUMP on account of me posting this at bed time for most people in the UK :/
  • Juleeroch
    Juleeroch Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    oops try again -- posted again, below...:laugh:
  • Juleeroch
    Juleeroch Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    also ask for confectionery recommendations which is pretty much useless unless you have someone local within earshot.

I'm already on your friends list (I think), but I agree with the above. I also get confused with the Americans "cup" serving. I've got big cups and small cups, and mugs too..... what is a "cup" ???? :huh:

Oh and all the americans seem to be asleep when I post something (usually when I start work 8am - well meant to be starting work but actually looking on here lol ) .... so inevitably never get replies :ohwell:
  • Radcliffe83
    Options
    feel free to add
  • waxon81
    waxon81 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    uk guy here, sent an invite
  • Rubyinthesand2012
    Options
    Hi im in the UK too ive only just joined (yesterday) so have sent an invite...anyone else that wants to add me feel free
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Yorkshireman ere lad.
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    *waves* UK lassie here :bigsmile:

There are a couple of UK Groups that you can join to chat to more Brits, Team UK being one of them.
    I'm already on your friends list (I think), but I agree with the above. I also get confused with the Americans "cup" serving. I've got big cups and small cups, and mugs too..... what is a "cup" ????

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/435895-cup-size

There are sev,eral debates going on about this at the moment, they're American measuring tools like the measuring spoons you can get, just bigger. Bear in mind, they measure volume rather than weight, though as you may have noticed in recipies they're used for dry goods measurements too. So again, with that in mind the weight of what's in the cup, will vary.

Hope that helps :bigsmile:
  • gorgeousgunner
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I also get confused with the Americans "cup" serving. I've got big cups and small cups, and mugs too..... what is a "cup" ???? :huh:
    Cups are measuring cups (you can get them in Robert Dyas or any cookware shop) they're much the same as spoon measures only bigger of course.

In the US they don't appear to weigh anything and I don't see how you can accurately use a volume measure for an item like meat.

That's my only bugbear with the database... but then again it's what you're used to. I'm not very good with ounces and prefer to use metric measures :smile:
  • RedKH
    RedKH Posts: 58
    Options
    Ey Up....My name is Kristie and I live in Yorkshire, Engerlannnnnd!!!
    Would love more UK friends so anyone feel free to add me :smile:
  • DrIanKellar
    DrIanKellar Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    UK guy here. Adding you now.
  • LouLouUK
    LouLouUK Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hello! UK Lady (Bucks)! :) Feel free to add me too! :happy:
  • jodieb3
    jodieb3 Posts: 19
    Options
    Me too Feel free to Add!!! In need of some meals ideas too if you got any! I dont like Onions, Peppers,tomatoes or Pepper though so quite tricky!!!
  • bubbyp
    bubbyp Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hiya,

I'm in Newcastle!

Feel free to add me!
    x
  • thelowcarbrecipes
    thelowcarbrecipes Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Just a guy from leeds here, feel free to add me

Losing weight with low carb
  • stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Londoner over here *waves* plenty of support and woop woops to go around
  • bubble79
    Options
    Hi

Sussex girl here. Anyone feel free to add me.
  • AimeeKAKES
    Options
    Hey hey Welsh girl :) add me if you like :) don't think there's many Welsh people on here :(
  • russdev
    russdev Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Over in Leicestershire here so feel free to add..