Anyone else use FitnessPal to GAIN weight rather than lose?

Options
Hey all, I'm guessing I'm in the minority.. but I think myfitnesspal is great for putting on mass even though its marketed toward people looking to lose. I'm into weight-lifting / bodybuilding in order to put on weight in the form of muscles rather than fat. This app definitely helps me do that.

I do think it would be nice if the developers would update the app for people like me though. There's no option to switch the setting to make weight gains show as positive rather than negative. For example, I strive to consume excess calories versus my goal of 3100cal per day. Of course, this app will display it as a bad thing if you go over your goal..

Anyway, so far, I have been very successful on packing on muscle over the past month. I put on about 8LB during this period, which is a lot better than I was expecting. I probably could not have done it without myfitnesspal.

Replies

• Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Obviously, I need to lose weight, but I absolutely see your point. It /would/ be nice for those who are trying to gain weight to have a positive feedback on their ticker or weight lose/gain box. It's a positive goal for you, so you should see the numbers in green or some other color that makes you feel good about your progress. Why not post this to the Website Suggestion's forum: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/13-website-suggestions-feedback. Good luck! :}
  • dan428
    dan428 Posts: 14
    Options
    Yeah I should message them huh, thanks for the tip.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    My husband is on MFP to gain weight. He was losing weight and went too far underweight.
    Now he logs his food with the intention of gaining 10 pounds, but also to track his weight training. MFP is great for tracking exercise and there is more to fitness than weight alone. Some who have reached their weight goal continue on MFP for the community as well as maintaining fitness.
  • sbedwards1077
    sbedwards1077 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My husband also uses the site for gaining. I love the suggestion.