Hey!

Options
Hi! I went to a family get together and they took pictures. Oh my, I did not realize how huge I have gotten so I decided then and there that I was going to lose weight. This looks like a great place to start. :happy:

Replies

• hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    That's funny, Looking in the mirror, I think I need to lose a few pounds, then I see a picture of myself and I completely :noway: !!! Good Luck with your journey, you came to the right place!
  • mandymaxwell222
    Options
    Welcome!! This is a great site, you will love it.

:smile: :smile: :wink: :wink: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • anthrochix
    anthrochix Posts: 264
    Options
    me too. i saw my booty in profile in a picture and got scared. best of luck to you - you can do it!
  • demezat
    demezat Posts: 158
    Options
    Welcome aboard! :flowerforyou: You definately came to the right place! Good luck!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    This is a great place to start!!

Last night I was stretching after a strength class at the gym and when I twisted in a stretch, I could see my butt in the mirror....it reminded me how far I've come but I am NO where near done....
  • cferriman
    cferriman Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I realized the other day after searching for pictures of myself that I have been cutting myself out of my families memories for years becuase of how I looked. I always would just say I wasn't in them b/c I was taking them but truth is I just wouldn't let anyone else take them becuase I hated the way I look.

Weigh in at the gym tonight hopeing for at least another pound:smile:

Good Luck!
  • PonyGirl34
    PonyGirl34 Posts: 29
    Options
    Welcome! I can totally understand what you mean about the picture. I look in the mirror sometimes and I'm okay with what I see, but that same image in a picture is totally different. My boyfriend and I took our kids to the zoo a couple of weekends ago. We posed for a pic of just the two of us. I secretly erased it on the way home b/c I looked so large! My face seemed bloated. I just looked awful. I found out later that it saddened him that I did that. He said he was looking forward to having that picture b/c we don't get to take many. When we met, I was 16 lbs larger than I am today so I should know better than to assume he wouldn't like the picture. Looking back though...it wasn't that I thought he would or wouldn't like it...it was me that hated it. I can't wait to feel better about pics.

Best of luck to you. Glad you're here.
    ~mj
  • Pirate
    Pirate Posts: 30
    Options
    Ha! I realize when I am trying to run, jog, move quickly that I need to slim down the rear. For a while there I thought someone was following me be then I realized it was only my ever-growing backside!:tongue:
  • JWalker514
    JWalker514 Posts: 87
    Options
    It is amazing how much different pictures make you look than when you are looking in the mirror. Looking a pictures from my sons first birthday party a few weeks ago , was like a slap in the face. But it got my butt in gear and I've lost 6 lbs now. I am so motivated now and this site definitely helps!
    212257.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • AllenMom4
    AllenMom4 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. I do. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: