31/F/Louisiana New To MFP

Options
My name is Lakeisha I live in the New Orleans area and I am looking for a weight loss buddy.I am a christian stay at home Mom with four kids. My husband is in the military and my current goal is to lose 40 lbs by June before we transfer to Virginia. :happy:

Replies

• sinistertitan
    sinistertitan Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You're in the right place for some sweet tools and support!

Best wishes to you on your journey!
  • ljedmom
    ljedmom Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a stay at home mom to four (ages 6, 4, 2, 7 mos) and am from Louisiana too :) I live in Ruston, but I went to high school near you (Slidell). I have 30 lbs to lose after baby number four. I'm doing 'no flour, no sugar' with my two sisters and am attempting to run every day. I'm also looking for more MFP support :) Just sent ya a friend request!
  • StephanieRDMS
    StephanieRDMS Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey Lakeisha! I'm Stephanie, and I live in VA...what part of VA are you moving to? I'm still a newbie here...joined in late October...feel free to add me if you'd like! :flowerforyou:
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm outside Baton Rouge. I am a work-at-home Christian homeschooling mom on the other end of things from you. :smile: My kiddos are 15, 17, and 24. My husband isn't military, but we will be moving out of state sometime this spring as well, moving to Seattle.
  • deporee
    deporee Posts: 59
    Options
    Hi LaKeisha! My name is Dawanne and I am a native of New Orleans, currently living in North Carolina. What part of New Orleans do you live in? What church do you attend? I'm also a Christian. My home church is Franklin Ave Baptist Church.
  • LakeishaEllis
    LakeishaEllis Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    HI Dawanne , nice to meet you I live in Belle Chasse on the Naval Base and have for going on two years.I am origanally from Shrevepot La. I belong to a relatively new church Westpoint Church ,we just celebrated our 5th Anniversary. How long have you lived in North Carolina ?
  • LakeishaEllis
    Options
    HI Stephanie nice to meet you I am currently in the process of looking for a home for my family, My husband is tranfering to Naval Station Norfolk,and I would like to live in Norfolk near the base but the waiting list for military housing is between 8months and two years in some places.So im trying to decide between Norfolk and Va Beach area. I will diffenatly add you as soon as i figure out how.
  • LakeishaEllis
    Options
    Thanks Alot really excited about this new Beginning. :happy:
  • claram5415
    claram5415 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Hi! I grew up in New Orleans, although really in Terrytown on the Westbank. My family still lives there so I visit when I can. My husband is from NO too. His family lived on North Rampart Street, then moved to Wagaman/Luling and then to Terrytown. We have been married for 34 years and now we live in Spring, Texas, a suburb of Houston. We go to our local Methodist church. You can make me a friend if you wish. MFP is a great weight loss tool. I think you'll like it. Also, we have a nephew in the military whose family just got transferred from NO to Virginia. They've been stationed there before and they really like it there. So maybe you will too!
  • deporee
    deporee Posts: 59
    Options
    HI Dawanne , nice to meet you I live in Belle Chasse on the Naval Base and have for going on two years.I am origanally from Shrevepot La. I belong to a relatively new church Westpoint Church ,we just celebrated our 5th Anniversary. How long have you lived in North Carolina ?

I just moved to NC in November.
  • bluefrogj
    Options
    Hi! Just thought I'd pop in with my first forum post to say I'm from Louisiana too. Been on a MFP for a little while, but only actively using for the last couple of weeks. Good luck!