Dad looking for some friends for a push

Options
Finally thinking that it's time to get healthy again, it's been a while since I've been able to play on a mens soccer team, or run up the stairs without having to catch my breath. I could use a push besides the nagging wife though, lol, hopefully watching others do it will help to inspire.

Thanks,
Bo

Replies

• Seventoad
    Seventoad Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome, add me if you like. I'm always looking for more support as well.
  • TrudyJo195
    Options
    Well Bo it's a good time to get started. We all can do it if we set our minds to it. I started back in the first week of October and only because I was diagnosed as being diabetic. Even though I didn't want to push away from the table, or maybe I did and just didn't have the ability to, I did it anyway. I don't want to be put on medication, just taking another pill wasn't anything I wanted to do. So if I can do it you can do it.
    You will be surprised how much you can eat in a day's time. As far as the exercise goes start with walking and lifting weights. You can do it! Take care!
  • PeeTeePee
    PeeTeePee Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Always happy to befriend, please add me if you wish.
  • gigiwaterloo
    gigiwaterloo Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Here if you want to add me! ALWAYS looking for ways to better myself and help anyone else do the same!! Good Luck!
  • brianblinn
    brianblinn Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Do it for your kids!
  • jonaswik77
    jonaswik77 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have been struggling to lose weight since I played college football 1998-2001. I used to eat to not lose weight when working out, and now I want to drop down to a weight I have not since since I was 15 (20 years ago). My biggest problem is that I cannot avoid treats & sweets... Feel free to add me, and we can battle this together!
  • LisaLashesxx
    LisaLashesxx Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Do it for your kids!

yes I agree............I gave up lots of nasy habits for my kids and now I am in a better place with me I am doing it for ME!

Add me too always here to help........well unless Im eating, working or exercising or with the family but then I get catch ups on my phone so never far away.

Have fun with this site its friendly, and fun fun fun and you can get fit, lose weight and keep that smile on your face.

L.x
  • newbeetler
    newbeetler Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you want.

Kids is the reason I started out here and I have seen a difference.

I have twins who are 4. On my 35th birthday I was chasing them round the garden and lasted 5 minutes before having to sit down which rang an alarm bell for me.Why should my girls miss out running around because I can't get off my backside.

My "lightbulb" moment was on August 4th. Since then I have dropped from 85.1kg to 80.1kg and now fluctuate between 80 and 82.

So I have maintained a loss. Now pushing for the next 28lbs so my girls get tired before me :o)

Good luck to you and here to support all you need.
  • bo789
    bo789 Posts: 2
    Options
    Just wanted to say thanks to everyone, I appreciate it.
  • LisaLashesxx
    LisaLashesxx Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say thanks to everyone, I appreciate it.

shucks!!!!

Lol :)
  • chatipati1
    chatipati1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I am new too. We can all do this...it is just mind of matter...:)
  • PhilG311
    Options
    I am becoming a father in may of this year....that made me get back to this site after falling off hard last year. Add me if you like :)
  • DanielFischer
    DanielFischer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    GO GO GO!
    You can do it :-)
    /Daniel
  • dbsav
    dbsav Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I'm a mid 40s dad myself and working on a resolution to lose some weight. I love working out, but my eating habits are not at all good.
    Dave