what's for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• mmallory1
    Options
    I either eat:

Chibani plain yogurt with truvia added - 1 cup (add a snack around 10am)

or

3 egg white omelet with a small amt of shredded cheese (salt and pepper to taste)
    turkey bacon jenni-o 3 strips
  • lbigham1
    lbigham1 Posts: 132
    Options
    Research shows that carbs in the morning make people hungrier throughout the day. My doctor recommends having a high protein meal for breakfast. Then you can have your kashi cereal for a snack. Oh and I have lost 15 lbs since December 5th.

WTG! keep up the good work!
  • kieva626
    kieva626 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    hard boiled egg and banana, I think it lasts til lunch
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Research shows that carbs in the morning make people hungrier throughout the day. My doctor recommends having a high protein meal for breakfast. Then you can have your kashi cereal for a snack. Oh and I have lost 15 lbs since December 5th.

I second this. Protein in the morning is the way to go. That said, many people have an unrealistic expectation for how long a meal should keep them full. It is very reasonable to be hungry 2.5 to 3 hours after a meal and plan to have a snack between breakfast and lunch. If you eat breakfast at say, 7am. It is not reasonable to expect to remain full until lunch time.
  • Reasie26
    Reasie26 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm hungry 2 hours later no matter whether I stuff myself with protein or eat a small bowl of cereal. So I have finally realized that I just need to plan on eating every 2-3 hours and ration my day's calories accordingly. Of course, I try to eat a variety of foods and try to avoid processed stuff.

Looks like you got a lot of suggestions - hope you find something that works for you!!!
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Arnold Sandwich thin
    1 Fried Egg
    2 Slices of Sweet Smoked Bacon
    1 Slice of White American Cheese
    1 tsp of honey mustard
    (all ingredients are store brand except for bread)
    270 Calories!

Did I mention you get to eat BACON????? unfortunately a staple I cannot take away from my life. I alternate this and Special K cereal for my mornings. I'm going to incorporate an egg "scramble too" Eggs, definetly hold me over.

I however eat breakfast anywhere from 5 am to 730 am...depending on what the schedule is that day.
  • Arabian♥Breeze
    Options
    Cream of wheat
  • smashleymcgee
    smashleymcgee Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I normally have a bowl of oatmeal and a hard boiled egg. The fiber from the oatmeal and the protein from the egg help keep me full.
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Mmm... Breakfast...

Eggs/tortillas:

I fry 1 whole wheat tortilla in a skillet with a little pam. Move it to a plate, then either fry two eggs, or 1/2C egg beaters. Put that on top of the tortilla. Pour 1/4 to 1/2 cup salsa in the skillet, with a little water. Heat up, then pour that over the eggs/tortilla. HEAVEN!!

Variations:
    Fry some ham, add spinach to the salsa - green eggs and ham!!!
    Peppers/onions go great.
    A dollop of sour cream, or when I'm really splurging, some cheese on top.
    Leftover steak or pork loin.
    Turkey or chicken breast.

I can go for hours after this, and not feel hungry.

Good luck, and I hope this helps.
  • jessingh84
    jessingh84 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Add some fruit to that-its a filler, good energy, vitamins and hardly any bad calories, also try hard boiled egg white.
  • boogercj
    Options
    I go for a bowl of porridge (with a tsp of black treacle) or a multigrain bagel with 2 poached eggs. Keeps hunger locked up 'til 12pm most days :)
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    bump
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    try to eat more protein - it takes your body longer to burn through protein -- cereal is typically high carb.... you probably need more protein to balance out the carbs... try adding some nuts - or an egg (as others have suggested)

But it's not necessarily a bad thing to want something to eat 2 hours later -- you're supposed to refuel your metabolism every 2-3 hours so have the hard boiled egg or nuts when you're hungry 2 hours later.
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I found a couple of recipes that involve eggs or egg whites and a veggie like broccoli or spinach - I made 12 egg and broccoli "cupcakes" on Sunday - split them out into 2 per serving and all I have to do is microwave really easy and only 170 calories or so for 2 I have that with some greek yogurt and nuts, I eat early about 6:30 and that keeps me going until about 10...
  • parisgirl30
    parisgirl30 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Try Better Oats ABUNDANCE® brand. It has flax seeds in the oatmeal and that will keep you fuller longer. They have a variety of flavors, very inexpensive and PACKED WITH FLAVOR! I eat it about 6-7am and I am not hungry until 10 or 11am.
    http://www.betteroats.com/brands.php
  • LisaLashesxx
    LisaLashesxx Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I like to have toasted bread with mashed banana with clear squeezy honey.............filling and the energy it gives you lasts a long time.

I dont generally have a mid morning snack unless its a piece of fruit and then I have a light luch and later dinner.

My other calories are usually spent on sweet stuff or a vodka or 2 with low cal mixer.

keep smiling and its always good to change about from time to time, I here porridge is a good one but I DONT LIKE IT.

L.X
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I have a Breakstone Cottage Cheese double most every morning. It seems to keep me satisfied until lunch (or close) and it's only 100 calories.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal/PButter/Bannas

2 eggs/spinach wheat english muffin/laughing cow cheese

chobani/kashi/pumkin pie spice/fruit

2 sandwith thins dipped in egg beaters topped with sugar free fruit spread light french toast

all under 300 cals:-) I to get hungry, I try to eat every 3-4 hours- But, sometimes I am thirtsy vs hungry, drink a ton water, tea etc;-)
  • MOS3
    MOS3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Porrige (Scottish oats made with skimmed milk), bluberries, mixed nuts and fruits. Total 226 calories. Will keep you satisfied for a long time.
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I find I need 20+grams of protein to keep me full at breakfast. I usually eat 2 eggs, 2 pieces of turkey bacon, coffee with 1oz half and half and about an hour later a piece of fruit or almond milk and banana blend. I eat this about 8:15 and I don't need lunch until 12:30-1:00