new

Options
so here i am again. I've been on MFP before but haven't posted much. I have over 100 to lose. I met with a diet plan center last night (Thin & Healthy). Sounded good what they offered but I wasn't happy that you have to sign a contract (1 yr at $100/month). They are located inside a fitness center so that includes all the club stuff ... but I'm a single mom so I'd maybe be able to use the club 4-5 days a month and that's not going to get it done (the club didn't offer child care either).

So I decided I'm just going to have to suck it up and track (as much as I hate it) and am going to buy a treadmill by the end of this month.

They also recommended drinking half your weight in ounces of water daily. Wow. That would be 14-15 for me! I have enough trouble with 8. Is anyone else doing this? I think I've seen this recommendation on a few other boards before too.

Looking forward to online support so please feel free to friend me. :)

Roxanne

Replies

• Seventoad
    Seventoad Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I had a similar problem with getting to the gym. I just bought a treadmill for home right before Christmas, and it has been a amazing. It's all about finding what works for you and your schedule.

I'm always looking for more support as well. Sending you an invite.
  • roxannecoleman
    roxannecoleman Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks Dave. Yes, I think the treadmill will be great. I actually had a gazelle and was getting into that and it broke ... well not unusable but it creaked and creaked and I just couldn't stand the noise. So, I can't wait to get the treadmill. I guess until it arrives and is put together, I'll resort to walking at the mall or go up/down stairs several times a day.
  • MsTonBon
    MsTonBon Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello there! I am new to MyFitnessPal and in search of any help/support I can get. I just left WeightWatchers online to save money and this looks very much the same. The first question I have is do I have to eat the extra calories earned for exercise. I appreciate any help. Thanks.
  • roxannecoleman
    roxannecoleman Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My understanding is if you don't eat your exercise cals that your body could think it's being starved and you won't see a loss ... I guess you could try it either way and of course it probably depends how much you are exercising too. If you're doing a lot of exercise (say burning 600-700 cals a day) and only eating 1200 cals a day, your net calories is 600 and yeah, I think your body would revolt. lol!