Just wanted to say Hi!

Options
TheBestMe
TheBestMe Posts: 108 Member
I started this website last week and I'm finding that it is an amazing tool. Let me tell you a little about myself.

I'm coming up on my 25th birthday and I've been overweight my entire life. I grew up with my 120lb prom queen type sister when I don't think I've ever seen the scale below 140lbs. I'm also only 5'2 so I show my weight. I got married right out of high school and after 3 years and 40lbs more, I decided to get divorced. It was a destructive relationship that left me down and with little self-worth. I had lost some weight after my divorce due to stress but ended up gaining it right back.

I finally met my now boyfriend that showed me what it's like to care about yourself and have self confidence. We began eating right TOGETHER and going to the gym TOGETHER. I have lost 10 lbs since we started and I am now at 156lbs. I still need to lose about 25 more to be at my first goal weight and to be within the health guidelines for someone my height and age.

I decided to count calories because it seems to be the most classic and surefire way to watch what your eating and to lose weight. It's natural science. This site is great and I hope to continue to my goal. I've been telling everyone I know about this site and I hope that we can all give eachother the support we need to reach our goals. Good Luck Everyone!

Replies

• manganello16
    Options
    This website is the right place for anyone who wants to live a little healthier, and it's super easy to keep up with. Soon you'll have a whole new family to lean on when you have a bad day or have great news to share. This is a wonderful website and you and your bf should both use it to reach your goals. Good luck!:tongue:

192119.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • Pirate
    Pirate Posts: 30
    Options
    :smile: Wow, Kmeduna! What a story. It is sad to hear about your first marriage and I am sorry that happened to you. I guess, though, without the loss of the first, you would not have met your current. How exciting to see that you have someone at home to do this with.
    I am new to this site and also think it is an awesome site with incredible tools to make it easy and keep us from getting frustrated and in turn saying forget it! I think it is awesome that you have already lost 10lbs and I am anticipating watching how you will continue to be transformed over the next while. Congrats, good luck, and God bless! Work it girl!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. I do. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: