Music to run to

Options
Hi everyone!
I'm training for a marathon relay team and have stopped using my various Couch to _ k programs, in favor of training on my own. I have my mileage figured out for each week but I need suggestions of CD's to get (I don't feel like making mixes at this point) to run to. Last night I ran to Lady Gaga...what do you run to??

Replies

• AllDayMzAmberJ
    AllDayMzAmberJ Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Pandora station on my cell phone. I like that you can type in an artist you like, and they will continue to play songs centered around that artist or genre. The variety usually keeps me going.
  • buffalogal1979
    buffalogal1979 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    jog.fm
    you can find music by genre and by desired heart rate. i love that site.
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I run to "Foster the People" radio on pandora and I love it. I only listen to that station while running, so each song is a treat.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you're into. I listen mostly to metal, and Five Finger Death Punch is great running music!
  • JustJessie
    JustJessie Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Pandora station on my cell phone. I like that you can type in an artist you like, and they will continue to play songs centered around that artist or genre. The variety usually keeps me going.

This is the exact thing I do. Plus you don't have to worry about purchasing money so it is great for the wallet!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    My current playlist (about 2 hours of music):

Playlist.jpg

• brock007
    Options
    i find that i need to pick something with the right bpm or i go to fast and burn out, i listen to big city beats on my internet radio on my nokia phone its the right pace for me. find what you like and it will help keep you motivated.
  • Chrissle
    Chrissle Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You have great taste! Thanks for sharing!
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    My current playlist (about 2 hours of music):

Playlist.jpg

I love your playlist. Mine also contain a lot of alternative/rock music. If you are looking for something to add, Bleed it Out by Linkin Park has a great tempo to run to.
  • Chrissle
    Chrissle Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    jog.fm
    you can find music by genre and by desired heart rate. i love that site.

This site is sweet. I can't wait to utilize it. Just about everyone got me iTunes gift cards for Christmas...HELLO new music!
  • dvarrassi12
    Options
    Definitely check out David Guetta, Nothing But the Beat. Amazing to run to.
  • jdjefferson
    Options
    If you are into electronic ("techno", etc) music, you should drop in on DJ Steve Boyett for free workout mixes (he calls them "podrunners"). They are about 1hr. long and you can pick anywhere from 130-180 bpm--and all points in between.
    They can be a little repetitious for my taste, but they are excellent for setting a good running cadence (tempo).
    http://www.djsteveboy.com/mixes.html

Otherwise, Girl Talk is among my favorite to exercise to--as long as you can tolerate a good amount of explicit lyrics.
    Daft Punk too.
  • aahand
    aahand Posts: 27
    Options
    Mostly metal.I LOVE five finger death punch for running!