anyone else training 4 a half marathon ADD ME

Options
I'm training for a half marathon on April 15...If you're training for an up coming half please add me- or if you have any advice also that would be REALLY awesome. This is my first half marathon I have done two full but not a half, I'm very excited! IT WOULD BE REALLY AWESOME if your half was in April too;)

Replies

• runnermama81
    runnermama81 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I am running one May 6!
  • living_life
    Options
    i did a full marathon last june, i found mpf really helped with making sure you get your training done but also that you eat the right amount and kinds of food. also the marathon gave me the motivation to keep my dieting on track.
    I did a powerwalking marathon so didn't actually run it but start training asap! and gradually increase speed and or distance. also the week before do a 10mile walk on a similar environment to the actual half marathon it give you an idea of times/toilet breaks/snacks ect. also when drinking little and offen is best! especially if its hot weather.

if there is anything in paticular you want to know just ask.. though im no expert. i HATED exersise untill i did the marathonand now i am offically hooked

x
  • ldwa
    ldwa Posts: 20
    Options
    I'll try and figure out how to add here, haven't done that yet.

Anyhow. I did a half-marathon walk last October and didn't really have enough time to train and wasn't watching my food, so I did okay but not great. I decided, I'd give myself a break over the holidays and then really start training in January and be good about my food. So.. it's January and I'm training for the Rite-Aid half-marathon in Cleveland at the end of May. Week one is done and I'm feeling good about it. I have a couple weeks to play with if things pop up and I can't get long walks in on the right days.

I'm happy to be a accountability/encouragement friend. I know I could use one. Last time around I had a friend who walked with me, this time I'm on my own.