easy snacks

Options
Hey!

During the work day I usually get hungry around 10:30. Anyone have any good low cal easy snack suggestions? I was cutting up raw veggies but sometimes i don't have time in the morning and i find myself stuck suffering, or running to 7-11 and getting something not so good for me.

challenge: im lactose intolerant so yogurt isn't an option :(

Replies

• JT1090
    JT1090 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    -Wasa whole grain crackers
    -Sabra roasted garlic hummus
    -Homemade or store bought bruschetta (basically diced tomatoes, herbs and olive oil)

Spread hummus on the cracker and top with the bruschetta. It's amazingly simple and so rich/crunchy. Two crackers will fill you up. These suckers are huge. You can find all of these items at normal grocery stores, not just health food stores. I eat this almost every single day lol.
  • jimmynorton24
    Options
    almonds make a great snack
  • Ashleysh22
    Options
    almonds make a great snack

my favorite!

but all nuts are great, as are raisins, 100 calorie packs, string cheese, and a piece of fruit!
  • lisabartasius
    Options
    thanks for all your help!
  • julie_campeau
    Options
    My regular morning snack:

1 portion of Triscuit, Melba toast or any other cracker style cookies
    1 portion of healthy dip (Tofu dip, hummus, bruchetta, guacamole, cottage cheese) or a portion of cheese
    1 portion of veggie

Afternoon snack is always a fruit!

^_^
  • brookeg20
    Options
    I usually eat a whole grain waffle with some peanut butter and fruit like blueberries or strawberries. Around 200 calories, and it holds me over for a while.
  • sfskenz08
    Options
    They have these new fruit crisps at walmart (not sure where else). They are freeze-dried fruit, and they are amazing. The best part about it is they are only 35 calories a bag! I can't explain how good they are. As soon as they hit your tongue they sort of "unfreeze" and turn back into the fresh fruit. They sound and look odd, but you have go to try them!!
  • Gosser
    Gosser Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    An alpro soya yoghurt does for me
  • angela_272003
    Options
    Mostly peanut butter for me, find it extremely fulfilling and lasts me for a while
  • dmcklouky
    dmcklouky Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am sure their not nutricious but I love vlasic sugerfree sweet gerhkins. 3 for 0 calories, and regular sweet gerhkins are only 30 calories for 3.
  • BodyRockerVT
    BodyRockerVT Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I like frosted mini-wheats for snacks. They have different flavors too. They have fiber so they will keep you feeling full, they have a bunch of iron, and they are slightly sweet.
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I like rice cakes with a slice of cheese or peanut butter.
  • allie0630
    allie0630 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have a protein shake around 10:30/11:00. I am lactose/dairy intolerant so we use:
    Whole Foods soy protein powder (chocolate or vanilla)
    one whole banana
    Almond Breeze almond milk
    ice cubes

It tastes like a chocolate shake and I don't get hungry again for awhile. It's easy to take with you if you're running somewhere and we store the rest in the fridge and re-blend with some more ice later.
  • dmcklouky
    dmcklouky Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am sure their not nutricious but I love vlasic sugarfree sweet gerhkins. 3 for 0 calories, and regular sweet gerhkins are only 30 calories for 3.
  • eyesontheprize13
    Options
    Some people have suggested almonds and hummus, both are two of my FAVORITES! Just be careful- those calories and fat add up quick :( I can easily eat a whole container of hummus in one sitting if I'm just mindlessly eating! Same with almonds if I buy any Salted & Roasted kind... yuuuummmmm.

Pickles are great and are usually 0 calories per serving! :D Good luck!! (I know gas stations are sooo tempting!)
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    They have these new fruit crisps at walmart (not sure where else). They are freeze-dried fruit, and they are amazing. The best part about it is they are only 35 calories a bag! I can't explain how good they are. As soon as they hit your tongue they sort of "unfreeze" and turn back into the fresh fruit. They sound and look odd, but you have go to try them!!

Are they found in the frozen section? thanks!
  • pirate4hire
    Options
    Protein helps you feel fuller so look for items that have a bit to them. Maybe tuna with crackers or a protein shake.
  • suzy1953
    suzy1953 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi why not have a special K bar there is loads of different ones
  • ABoettcher16
    ABoettcher16 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    pickle spears and cream cheese..sounds nasty but tastes good and is very low in calories
  • julie_campeau
    Options
    Some people have suggested almonds and hummus, both are two of my FAVORITES! Just be careful- those calories and fat add up quick :( I can easily eat a whole container of hummus in one sitting if I'm just mindlessly eating! Same with almonds if I buy any Salted & Roasted kind... yuuuummmmm.

Pickles are great and are usually 0 calories per serving! :D Good luck!! (I know gas stations are sooo tempting!)

You have to give yourself the best chance to succeed by not eating directly from the container!!! Take your normal portion into a bowl before you start eating! Best way to not over eat! It's hard as it is no need to make it more difficult on you! ^_^