Amazing Mediterranean Greek Salad

Options
Kimmy430
Kimmy430 Posts: 10 Member
This is one of the most simplest recipes.... I got it from my mom and is by far my favorite! Every time I make it and bring it anywhere there seems to be a line of people giving me there email addresses to send them the recipe. So healthy and delicious. Just wanted to share. :smile:

Tip: If you use feta, add it right before you eat it each time. Otherwise it gets soggy. Also... I dont really even use the romaine...I like the salad as is.

1 Med. Cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, cut into 1/2 inch dice.
1 Pint grape tomatoes, quartered
Table salt
3 Tlbs. Extra Vigrin Olive oil
3 Tlbs. Red Wine Vinegar
1 med garlic clove, minced
1 14oz can chick peas, drained and rinced
1/2 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
1/2 small red onion, minced
1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
1 romaine heart, sliced thin (3 cups)
4oz feta cheese, crumbled
grpund black pepper

Combine cucumber, tomatoes, and 1 tsp. salt in colander, set over bowl to drain. Let stand 15 min.
Whisk oil, vinegar, and garlic in bowl. Add drained cucumber and tomatoes, chickpeas, olives, onion and parsley.
Toss and let stand at room temp to blend flavors. 5 min
Add romaine and feta; toss to combine
Season with salt and pepper.

Replies

• mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    This sounds super yummy! Thanks!
  • JamieN013
    Options
    Greek salads are my favorite!! Makes me want one just reading it! =)
  • jennaddy
    jennaddy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love greek salads and this one sounds delicious!! Definitely will make this soon.

Thanks for sharing!
  • hollystahl
    hollystahl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How many calories??
  • Kimmy430
    Options
    How many calories??

I dont have the exact calories for this- but I looked up similar recipes and it seems to be around 200 cals per serving. The feta and olive oil are most of the cals. You could leave out the feta but thats one of my favorite parts : )
  • myskinnyyear
    myskinnyyear Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    sounds delish! About how many servings will that make, and how long would it last in the fridge?
  • rosalieharris
    rosalieharris Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! What is a serving, around 2 cups?
  • Kimmy430
    Options
    sounds delish! About how many servings will that make, and how long would it last in the fridge?

Around 4-5 Servings. I usually double the recipe . I believe the longest i had it in the fridge for was 4 days or so. Still tasted good... as long as you dont mix the feta in with the batch.
  • LoreleiWalks
    LoreleiWalks Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thank you! That is right up my alley! Perfect for bringing to work for lunch. :)