New To Fitness Pal -PCOS struggle to lose weight-

Options
In 2011 I lost 42 pounds by switching my lifestyle to a vegetarian. However, I have started to gain back and need to get back on track. As a 33 year old woman with PCOS it is hard to lose weight and maintain weight loss. Would love to get a weight loss buddy:-) I have several pounds to lose before I am at my goal weight. I am doing the 10,000 LB Challenge on the Today Show and getting my Veggies back on! I have struggled with weight loss for years and especially since I found out I have PCOS back in 2004...Anyhow good luck everyone!!

Replies

• Ceebee37
    Options
    hi I have PCOS and struggle too. In 2010 I lost 53 pounds and have gained back 7 pounds over the holidays. I am now back on track, trying to lose the last 20 pounds before my 37th birthday in March. I know how hard it is. I recommend a low GI diet, it does help!! I don't want to go back to the weight I was before I started thats fore sure!! I would love to be your support buddy :)
  • amorvincit105
    Options
    Hey! I have pcos as well and have a hard time with weight loss. I would love a support system who knows what i am going through!
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS, but my RE has me on a high protein, low carb lifestyle (lots of lean meat) so I can't help you with the vegetarian options. BUt I can definitely support you, as the PCOS is such a struggle at times :)
  • EmilyLStuart
    Options
    so glad you posted about PCOS, I was going to do the same. I have it pretty severly and struggle especially with abdominal fat which is a very common issue for PCOS women. I've lost 73 but have 20ish more to go...I will friend you!
  • smurlene
    Options
    PCOS here, too. I lost 100 lbs as a vegetarian on South Beach. I gained about 50 of it back during my recent pregnancy and am struggling to take it back off. It is hard because I am nursing my eight month old son, so calorie restriction can impact my milk.

Anyway, glad to see you gals on here! Hope we can cheer each other on.

PS. I am 38. : )
  • cassiejo84
    cassiejo84 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I also have PCOS. I am 28 (tomorrow!), and over the past 6 years I have lost and regained 80lbs...TWICE. I'm back to start again with lasting results!