NSV - sort of:)

Options
Can't believe I'm typing this, but my wedding ring is now too big!!! I've been noticing the last couple days that the diamond keeps sliding around and facing towards my palm, and I couldn't figure out what was going on. Then this morning when I was making my coffee, it slid right off my finger and onto the counter....yikes!!!!! So I think this would qualify as and NSV, however I'm now stuck with the problem of trying to figure out how not to lose it before I can get it resized:)

Replies

• mom2lyla
    mom2lyla Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hooray! I think that's a great NSV. I'm pretty sure you can buy ring sizers (not sure if that's what they're called) at most places that sell jewelry. They're just clear thingys that you can hook onto your ring until you decide to resize.
  • theresabugx
    theresabugx Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    haha, congrats!! I retired my engagement ring yesterday aswell. luckly my wedding band still stay on.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Hooray! I think that's a great NSV. I'm pretty sure you can buy ring sizers (not sure if that's what they're called) at most places that sell jewelry. They're just clear thingys that you can hook onto your ring until you decide to resize.

this. even the walmart jewelry counter will have them.

and CONGRATS!!
  • kfd1098
    kfd1098 Posts: 25
    Options
    Congrats!! I know how exciting that can be as I was unable to wear my diamond, wedding band or mother's ring for the past three years because of how much weight I had gained. I was able to put my mother's ring on a couple of month's ago and was able to wear both my diamond and wedding band one month ago and now with the colder wedding, they keep turning. It is an awesome feeling.
  • myskinnyyear
    myskinnyyear Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV! I have the same problem. I have to take my rings off when I wash the dishes, always afraid will lose them in the sink. Good to know about Wal Mart having sizers like that!
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I had that exact same thing recently, except I was throwing clothes into the washing machine when it nearly slipped off! I dont wanna get it resized until I am done losing weight because I dont want to have to resize it multiple times. So I put it in my jewelry box and replaced it with a ring my husband gave me when we were in high school that is a few sizes smaller. You could also wear it on a chain around your neck so you still have it with you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!