long distance

Options
brittg7
brittg7 Posts: 146 Member
ahhh sorry just a rant on how much I HATE the cost of freaking airplanes....

my boyfriend and i are doing long distance coast to coast....and im going to see him in march...but we have to work around my schedule of teaching and his work schedule and we have a specific weekend i can go out...

i FINALLY found flights that wont kill my bank account...252 but not at a time i want, and 322 for a time i do want...not bad but damn i want the 252 for the time i do want!!! :/ why cant things just go my way on this...i dont have an unlimited budget freaking airplanes...

Replies

• GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! Which is why I pay ALL my bills with my credit card, then pay that off, each month. Flyer miles!
  • brittg7
    Options
    im working on getting a flyers miles credit card...wait to see if i was approved
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Bah, I'm also planning a visit with my long distance boyfriend, and that's nothing! Cheapest flights I found were 750 before tax, most expensive at around 1100. That doesn't even make sense, since we're not overseas or anything. Beyond that, if he's flying here, we need to rent a hotel/car rental. I'm fearing this trip will be at least $1500 for a week. Sometimes it feels so depressing :(
  • shan889
    shan889 Posts: 73
    Options
    I feel ya. I'm in Denver and mine is in Alaska. Our tickets are between $750- $1000 round trip...for ONE person :)
  • IndigoFlowers
    IndigoFlowers Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Mine's in Orlando (2000 miles away from me)! Which I am pretty grateful for, even though it's so damn far away, because Orlando is a destination HOT SPOT! So if I am lucky, I can get something for under $200 for a round trip!

But... I was just looking at prices yesterday, and most of them are around $350... which kind of sucks.. especially since I won't be moving there any time soon, and he won't be moving here any time soon... and we are planning on visiting frequently (once he deals with something)....... I guess you gotta do what you gotta do.

Although, now I realize that I have it easier than some other people! From reading this, some of you have to pay $1000 for one flight! Wow! I thought $350 was frustrating...

Long distance is hard, but it's all what you find worth it. It takes lots of patience, and lots of money. But hey, I get lots of vacationing time in Florida with someone I ADORE! :)
  • vox23
    vox23 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Distance sucks! Mine's in Chicago. I'm in Alberta, Canada. We're looking at $950 for a round trip and there's no direct flights even. So, any flight I book includes at least a 6 hour layover. If it's not money, it's time. BOO!
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Miles suck.... that sucks, hopefully you and mack and get the schedules connected :)
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Do any of you have plans of moving or your SO moving to you?

Just curious.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I love to travel but it's either travel or debt free after college. =/
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    My guy is in England, so I'll fly into London. I live in Massachusetts. I was surprised I could get a round trip for about 500. As soon as my passport arrives I'll book my flight. Yay!!!
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Do any of you have plans of moving or your SO moving to you?

Just curious.

We're moving to Colorado just as soon as I can/she can.
  • brittg7
    Options
    i ended up getting my flight for 252 :)

i do plan on moving but not for anohter year or so :/
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    Currently we're working with OH and CA at about $375 or so, but soon it will be OH to Korea at about $1500 round trip.....but then we'll be together in England (one way tickets are always cheaper. Lol). :happy: But it's been almost 3 years of friendship, a year and some months of dating, and several months of marriage. All of it worth it. :flowerforyou:
  • BodyUnderConstruction
    Options
    I'm in MO and my boyfriend is in CA. $440 round trip. Not too horrible, but we're both very very poor. haha