Sauna/Sweat Suit question...

Options
sinisme
sinisme Posts: 148 Member
Are they helpful in losing weight at all? Or am I just wearing it in vain?

Replies

• Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    From what I understand you are wearing it in vain. You may see weight loss but it is more than likely due to extreme sweating which results in water loss and dehydration so as soon as you drink water it will come back. Besides it has to be uncomfortable :noway:

And, you can't wear a sauna suit for the rest of your life. Work hard, eat right and the results will come. :drinker:
  • jessicaelimb
    Options
    I am curious about this too, I hear that it helps get toxins out of your body, but how beneficial is it to sit in a sauna for long periods of time?
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    I would imagine that a sauna would only be helpful in the fact that sweating is good for the skin, because it removes toxins and clears the pores. And, I've heard of some saunas having good things in the steam, like moisterizing oils and such.

No effect on weight loss though. At least real weight loss, as in fat reduction. Any weight loss would be water weight.
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I don't think any exteded time in sauna would be good, certainly no more than 20-30 min, right?