Hear Rate Monitors

Options
2»

Replies

• krueandliz
    krueandliz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I too got the FT7 for CHristmas and absolutely love it. Because I now know more accurately how many calories I am burning, it is motivating me to workout more and longer.
  • weighting_place
    weighting_place Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love my Polar F6. I've been using it for 2 years now and am just getting ready to replace the chest strap becuase it's wearning out. The F6 is an older model (as said earlier), but is easy to use and has worked like a gem.
  • Butterfly3730
    Options
    This question gets asked here a couple of time a day. My question is,wWhy do you need a HRM? I don't get it. Please enlighten me!
    to accurately track calories burned.

And to monitor your heart rate (nice to know if you are under or under your "training zone"). I was using the equipment at the gym and MFP to tell me my calories burned but once I got my HRM, I realized their estimates are way over what I was actually burning. I asked the guy at the gym about it and he laughed and said the equipment is inflated and not very accurate and to use the HRM if I have one. So that just means I need to step up my game and get my calories up to my goal of 400 - 600 (at least) daily.
  • Butterfly3730
    Options
    Oh I have the Polar FT4 and love it.