Biggest Loser Exercise DVD

Options
So I was at Target yesterday, and I was looking at the exercise DVDs. I saw that the Biggest Loser ones were on sale. They were pretty much sold out, but I was able to snatch one up. Its pretty old, theres some blonde trainer named Kim on it - I don't know who she is.
Anyway, I started it today, and OMG was it a workout - My legs are killing me!! I do the treadmill on the "hill" option, and the elliptical, but obviously that is not working all the muscles in your legs. This is my first ever DVD, and I'm hooked - Can anyone recommend other good ones?

TIA

Replies

• HeatherChapa
    HeatherChapa Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The Zumba DVDs are great & my favorite is Dance of the inches Hip Hop Party with Jennifer Galardi
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    30 day shred with Jillian Michells and Taebo amped with Billy Blanks
  • sassycurlzss
    sassycurlzss Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I like ripped in 30 and her newest one Shed and Shred, by Jillian Micheals. I actully like them all! 6 week 6 pack, killer buns and thighs, ripped with weights. I lost 6 lbs and 12" on ripped in 30. my first go around. There short workouts and kill ya!
  • lat1997
    lat1997 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have tried the Biggest Loser DVDs, and they are ok, but if you want a REALLY good workout, try Jillian Michaels. Her videos are much more hard core. My favorites are the 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30 and 6 Week 6 PAck.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I have tried a couple of DVDs by Jillian Michaels (30 Day Shred, Yoga Meltdown, and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism) and they are all a really great workout. The 30 Day Shred uses weights (I started out using 1 and 3 lb and now I use anywhere from 3 lb to 8 lb depending on the exercise) and also does cardio and abs, and has 3 levels (each run about 27 minutes if you include the stretching) - you start with level 1 and work your way up to being able to do level 3. You don't need anything special for Yoga Meltdown but a mat is helpful - it's about 35 minutes and I was shocked at how intense it was - and if I remember correctly there's a beginner level and then a level 2 when you get really comfortable with the first routine. And Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is 40 minutes of cardio plus 5 minutes of stretching at the beginning and end (it alternates so you're not doing the same thing for more than a minute at a time, plus there are some ab and kicking movements in there too) - that's a lot of cardio goodness. LOL I did that one yesterday and today I'm really feeling it in my legs. I also have a few of her other dvds that I'll be trying soon - Ripped in 30, No More Trouble Zones, and Extreme Shed and Shred (that last one is her newest - just came out last month). They all get really good reviews for people getting results.

I've done a couple of the Biggest Loser workouts back when they were available on Exercise TV On Demand, I really liked them too. And I know a lot of people really love Zumba, Tae Bo, Insanity, Turbo Fire, P90x, and others.
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Insanity! There is nothing more intense!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    You can preview video clips & read reviews at collagevideo.com There is tons of info there: high impact, low impact, intermediate, what equipment, chaptered, etc.

K-Mart has lots of Biggest Loser and Jillian DVDs on sale for $7.99 this week. Best Buy has lots offitness DVD for $8.00, and Target $9.00. January sure is the time of year to find deals
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I also would suggest any Jillian Michaels or Bob Harper DVDs.
  • HeatherChapa
    HeatherChapa Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I <3 most of the dance work outs because they keep me wanting to move because I like dancing & the Tae Bo ones are great too :)