The Perfect 10 Diet

Options
Has anyone else here read about and/or tried the Perfect 10 Diet? I have been reading about it on my Kindle and find it a stark contrast to most other diets. I agree with a lot of things about it, but also disagree strongly with a lot...

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'd never heard of it so I Googled it. I stoped reading when it said "grains and alcohol are not allowed" in the initiation phase. Definitely not a diet for me.
  • AlyssaLynette
    AlyssaLynette Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I think certain grains are actually allowed. Just not white bread, white rice and reg. pasta. I am getting the impression that alcohol is not allowed, like you said. I don't particularly like that restriction either...
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I am in the process of reading "The Perfect 10" and it confirms what Dr. Mercola and Dr. Agaston (South Beach Diet) promote. Sugar and manufactured fats are the culprits for obesity, diabetes and heart disease, not natural fats. It's sad that we have been duped by the American Heart Association for so long to believe that a low fat diet is the way to go. Obesity rates have shot up since low fat was popularized. I haven't finished the book, so I'm sure I have a lot more to learn about the affect of food on hormones. My currents thoughts are to continue on South Beach, avoid processed foods and not be as concerned about saturated fats as I once was.