Protein

Options
Hello Everyone,

I just started this week. It is funny I have been on so many diets but this is the first time I am keeping track of exactly what I eat. The last two days I am going over my protein limit of 45gms. This seems impossible to me since part of my trouble has been I am a carb craver. Yesterday, I had two hard boiled eggs at breakfast, a mozzarella cheese stick for snack and then chicken on my salad at lunch and I was at my max protein while still having 600 calories left for dinner. Does this seem odd to anyone? You hear so much about not having enough protein in your diet.

My diet plan is to eat fruits, vegetables, lean proteins and only whole what carbs. For once I want a life plan and not diet plan. I am doing well with the calories, but it is the balance of carbs and protein that is giving me difficulty. Since this is the first week and I am not sure when I will weigh myself, I don't know if it is working or hurting.

Any advice you could give me would be helpful

Thank you

Replies

• karenmiller81
    karenmiller81 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It seems to me that many, many people who use MFP have noted that they go over their protein regularly. It's possible that MFP really low balls how much protein one should eat. Unless you are eating an enormous amount of protein, this really should not be an issue (in terms of weight loss and general health). Keep it up, sounds like you're off to a good start!
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    yeah MFP protein is BS... u need minimum of 1.0g per lb of lean mass... i eat 1.5-1.8gs per lb... i end up around 300-350g a day vs MFPs 120.. if i ate what mfp told me i wouldnt gain any muscle..
  • sbedwards1077
    sbedwards1077 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It only recommends 45 g for me, I usually get around 125 g of protein a day.
  • Arwen1922
    Arwen1922 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    get your carbs with veggies. Your not eating enough. But I do go over my protein as well. Protein sticks with me longer.