Breastfeeding & site help

Options
I know this was discussed when I signed on here 3 years ago, but I have forgotten... what are the 'extra calories alloted' because I am a breast-feeding mommy? I take it that will just be for my knowledge, but no way to add it to my counter so it doesn't look like I've totally blown my day?

Also, 2 of my friends and I are really hoping to use this site as a way to motivate each other. We want to be able to 'send' or 'show' our pages and stuff to each other (like food/exercise log), is there a way to do this?

Thanks so much! :blushing:

Replies

• Regmama
    Regmama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    under food you can log breastfeeding (which will add to the calories remaining like exercise does).
  • rebecca_d35
    Options
    I remember hearing 500 calories a day. But it didn't seem like I needed that much extra--maybe more like 300. And I still lost lots of weight while nursing! I would suggest just not adding in 300 calories worth of food. Just make sure it's 300 healthy calories. :)

As for the 2nd question, I don't really know; I'm new here.

Good luck, and congrats on the baby.
  • LosingMyselfin2011
    LosingMyselfin2011 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    If you are EXCLUSIVELY breastfeeding, allow 500 extra calories. As soon as your baby is eating other foods, taking a bottle, anything that takes away from your breastfeeding... you can use regular calories.