Looking for friends to help motivate me!

Options
I would love to hear success stories, and get to know anyone who is willing to share their ups and downs with me! I need to lose about 65 pounds, and I just feel so discouraged! After my second child was born, I have not been able to lose the weight, it seems I have tried everything! Please respond if you are willing! Thanks!

Replies

• Dumbell_Diva
    Dumbell_Diva Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have recently started on here. The success stories on the message boards are so inspiring. You really can do this. I have 3 children and gained weight with every pregnancy which I managed to lose. Ive also suffered with depression and turned to food and emotional eating instead of tackling why I was feeling like I was. I put on 30 lbs between September and November due to giving up smoking and taking medication, as I substituted cigarettes for chocolate and now Im dealing with that chocolate addiction. Take one day at a time, you really can do this.
  • thepriceclan
    Options
    I am looking for friends to motivate me and to celebrate achievements with! I am 35 and need to lose at least 50 pounds. I also have 2 children, and I want to be healthy for them and have stamina to do more physical activities with them. I could really use some buddies to join!
  • hamincold
    Options
    I am trying to lose 50 pounds. This would put me at a weight I am comfortable with. I am looking for support. I am doing a high protein/low carb diet.

I need support!
  • hamincold
    Options
    I am doing high protein/low carb diet. I can send you the items you can eat and what you can't. Its' through a diet center that I am using and people are losing 50 plus pounds in 4 months on it.

I met several people who were using this and they are all reporting the same kind of weigh loss.
  • hamullin
    hamullin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just started as well and I need to loose 76 pounds! It feels impossible. I gained so much weight with each pregnancy and would go on a diet and lose most but after each diet I would gain the weight I lost plus more. I feel like I have more energy this week paying attention to what I am eating. I know it will be slow this way but worth it if I can stick to it. Right away, it must be healthier not to eat processed foods. Keep it up, we can do it!
  • gailashton
    Options
    Mind over matter. You can do it, just have to find time for yourself, which I know is hard but you are worth it, your kids are worth it. We all have struggles, time constraints, etc, but as women we tend to put ourselves last. Find a balance that will allow you even that little bit for yourself. Make 2012 your year to shine inside and out!. Go get em!
  • Annbellfield
    Options
    Hi there, I lost my husband suddenly in 2008 as he had an undiagnosed heart condition through smoking and eating junk mostly. I too was very overweight and unhealthy but after I got over the shock, I took stock and decided to make changes. Since 2008 I've lost 6 1/2 stones and now do some sort of exercise everyday. I would never have thought an 18 stone couch potato like me could regularly run 3 to 4 miles at a time and be wearing the clothes I do. I feel happier, have more engery and noticed people treat me differently wherever I go, it's still taking some getting used to. I guess if I could give you any advice it would be to go slowly and surely, and as long as the weight is heading south it doesnt matter if it's one pound a month or 10, the trick is not to let it go up. Try to do some sort of exercise everyday even if it's just walking to the shops instead of taking the car, it becomes addictive in no time at all. Cross trainers are excellent for burning calories and are low impact. Also try not to eat take aways at all as junk foods press all your buttons and make you want more and more. I could never just have one now and again, they always knocked me off the wagon for days at a time. All bran is a good filler and excellent for you. Finally, if I can do this, ANYONE can.
  • hbnewcreation
    Options
    Thank you!!! I know we can! It's not going to be easy, but it will be so worth it!!
  • pizzanomore
    pizzanomore Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    what a gorgeous mommy/baby photo :) it's so hard after having babies to lose that weight! i would love to be your friend and help to motivate you!
  • ygerman
    ygerman Posts: 10
    Options
    :happy: Add me to your friend list. I can try to motivate you and you me.
  • amersj
    amersj Posts: 6
    Options
    I just started on here after gaining back the 45 pounds I lost 2 years ago. I need accountability and support. If you want, add me as a friend and we can help each other out.