20 years old and over weight

Options
I am 20 years old and 60 pounds overweight. I was on a strict diet up until last month when I put back on 10+pounds in a little less than two months. I want to lose the weight and keep it off for good. I am only 5 foot 2 and my target weight for my body is 102-120 pounds which in my opinion is to light. I am trying for 140 and re-evaluate after I am to that point in my weight loss. I am a junk food junkie and cannot have too many sweets.

What are everyone else’s goals?

Replies

• jenna25
    jenna25 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP it is awesome and the people on here are so supportive and helpful you will love it! Im Jenna, im 5'6 my starting weight was 154 my current weight is 127 and my goal weight is 120! Add me as a friend if youd like :) Good luck girl!
  • mom2knb
    Options
    I am 21 and I want to lose 55 lbs. I figured out how much I wanted to lose after calculating my BMI. I have always struggled with weight but never thought I was really heavy. But after having my kids I just cannot get rid of the baby weight!
  • NicciBowden
    NicciBowden Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you and I are a lot alike. I am 24 years old and I weight 186, and I'm 5'1, so I'm like 60 lbs overweight. If I make it to 125 I then decide if I want to continue, but I don't want to be this heavy ever again.
  • NBabi91
    NBabi91 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 20 years old and currently weigh 238. My goal weight is currently 150. =]
  • jnoring
    jnoring Posts: 93
    Options
    Yeah, you and I are a lot alike. I am 24 years old and I weight 186, and I'm 5'1, so I'm like 60 lbs overweight. If I make it to 125 I then decide if I want to continue, but I don't want to be this heavy ever again.

Its not fair being short! We can barely eat anything =P
  • scuret12
    Options
    I am 30 years old mother of 3 children and I been in a diet for almost 2 months know I have drop down from 160 to 133 and I am very excited this pass to weeks have been really hard cause I have not seen a change on the scale but just like you I was a junk junk candy chocolate you name it eater I stop eating junk and it is hard but I was tired of been over weight and I feel so good with my wt loss that I never want to feel the way I did before so I decided not to have anything unhealthy is hard but it is working and the more I stay waway from it the stronger I become in saying NO to the Junk food that I once loved. My plan is to start the gym this week n continue to make healthy eating choices , I do have some carbs but I just started that two weeks ago and I only have them in the morning for breakfast, Last week I had carbs twice in the morning and the same for this week. I am trying to hit the gym cause like I said I am stuck but I think you should start with small goals on changing the junk food intake good luck
  • jhack5255
    Options
    I'm 20 as well, I'm 5'10" and weigh about 230 lbs. My starting goal based on my BMI is 50 lbs, which is a bit overwhelming but you have to take it a few pounds at a time! When I reach that goal I will have to decide what to do next!
  • Court222010
    Options
    I'm 19 (will be 20 in June). I began using MFP on October 7th 2011 and have lost just over 13 pounds so far. This is a great place to get the support and motivation you need to reach your goals.
    I'm 5'7"
    SW: 209
    CW: 196
    GW: 170
    Once I get down to 170, I will decide if I want to lose more. Weight charts say I should be 135-150 but I believe I would feel more comfortable around 160-170. We'll see what happens :)
    I wish you the best of luck on your weight loss journey; you've come to the right place! Add me as a friend if you'd like, I'm always looking for people that are motivated and dedicated to making change (and it helps we have some commonalities!) :happy:
  • amberrrrh
    amberrrrh Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    hi, i'm 21 and 5'4 and lookin to lose about 50 this year then lose the 30 i want to lose next year. Add me if you'd like! We can motivate eachother!