Why I do this

Options
I started with MFP to lose weight and look better in the mirror, and to be able to perform better on the baseball diamond. But after 6 months or so of this site, there are a few realizations that I have come by that have (if not drastically) changed my life for the better. I thought I would share them with all of you, who knows, maybe it’ll help someone out.

1) Losing weight should be a by-product of this site, not the soul purpose.
2) Motivation is easier to come by when you set realistic goals.
3) Failure is temporary. Everyone fails, it’s how you recover and move forward that defines
you.
4) Willpower is a forgotten art in today’s society. Sometimes there is no substitute.
5) Fast food chains are the spawn of an evil so vile I can’t comprehend it!
6) How you feel is MUCH more important then how much weight you lost/gained.
7) Good/healthy eating habits is way more important than fitting into a size smaller pants
(I feel this is especially important to our younger members).
8) The human body is a miraculous thing, it will self correct as long as you give it the fuel and
exercise it needs to do so.
9) Jealousy is ugly, but it is a staple in society, learning how to deal with it in your own healthy
way is as important to your health as exercise and the food you eat.

this isn’t everything I’ve learned, just some of the mental things. But I have done a lot of contemplation lately and I like where my head is at.
:bigsmile:

Replies

• banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    I started with MFP to lose weight and look better in the mirror, and to be able to perform better on the baseball diamond. But after 6 months or so of this site, there are a few realizations that I have come by that have (if not drastically) changed my life for the better. I thought I would share them with all of you, who knows, maybe it’ll help someone out.

1) Losing weight should be a by-product of this site, not the soul purpose.
    2) Motivation is easier to come by when you set realistic goals.
    3) Failure is temporary. Everyone fails, it’s how you recover and move forward that defines
    you.
    4) Willpower is a forgotten art in today’s society. Sometimes there is no substitute.
    5) Fast food chains are the spawn of an evil so vile I can’t comprehend it!
    7) Good/healthy eating habits is way more important than fitting into a size smaller pants
    (I feel this is especially important to our younger members).
    8) The human body is a miraculous thing, it will self correct as long as you give it the fuel and
    exercise it needs to do so.
    9) Jealousy is ugly, but it is a staple in society, learning how to deal with it in your own healthy
    way is as important to your health as exercise and the food you eat.

this isn’t everything I’ve learned, just some of the mental things. But I have done a lot of contemplation lately and I like where my head is at.
    :bigsmile:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Thanks Banks!! :wink:
  • dogwdots
    dogwdots Posts: 146
    Options

I haven't lost much weight but this is a key factor for me in eating healthier right now - the weight loss will come in time.

Thanks for the great thoughts!
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    Well said! Bravo! :drinker:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Kudos banks! Well said.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Love it Bankable... especially #9:wink:

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    It's statements like yours that make me so glad I found this site! Thanks!
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Love the statement about fast food chains! I heard a commercial on the radio this morning. It was for some kind of bacon, jalapeno double burger with cheese and the first thought that came to mind was just how disgusting that sounded!

They were touting that it has so much bacon you need two hands to count the pieces of bacon! No wonder our society has health issues!

"Ma'm would you like a serving of clogged arteries with a side of diabetes?"

Yuck!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Thanks Banks! I love number 5. :laugh: But seriously those fast food restaurants are deadly. The times in my life when I ate out a lot were the times I gained weight like crazy. So unhealthy! It's amazing how much healhier I felt after losing just the first 10 pounds. So glad I found this website.
  • Pittsburgh
    Options
    Very well said! :wink: