Recomend me a aerobic/dance workout dvd! (uk)

Options
Hi there, so im at the beginning of my road to lose 2 1/2 stone of post pregnancy weight for my Wedding in Sept, i have a post pregnancy dvd which is great but more strengh and toning than cardio, but wondering if anyone could recomend me a workout dvd that would give me a good aerobic workout so i can alternate them. im quite interested in something along the lines of zumba but dont know if this burns many calories? Any advice would be great!

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Zumba is a great calorie burn. I lost 25 lbs in 5 months doing it. And it's really fun. One of the few workouts I've done that I actually looked forward to.
  • melissa221979
    melissa221979 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    thankyou!
  • sullyboo
    sullyboo Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I would recommend jillian michaels ... I know she's American and you wanted uk but she works you and for a short workout you really feel you've done something !!
  • sullyboo
    sullyboo Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm in the uk to btw
  • melissa221979
    Options
    thanykyou sullyboo!
  • Dumbell_Diva
    Dumbell_Diva Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi Im also from the UK and Ive just bought the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD from Ebay. I have about the same amount to lose as you. Its pretty good and very motivating, each level is 20 minutes which I feel is more easy to slot into your day if you are a busy mother than some of the hour or half hour long DVDs. It gives strength toning as well as aerobic type exercise so you would be benefitting from both.

How recently was your baby born? I ask this as I have 3 children and after the birth of my youngest I hurt my back, I found I was more susceptible to back injuries after the birth so you wouldnt want something so intense that it could hurt you. Good luck with it, Im sure you will lose the weight in time for your wedding.
  • mebras3775
    Options
    I love my Zumba 2 for the Wii. it is a dance game but a workout all in one. I can burn 260 calories in 20 minutes sometimes more. It is fun, I am learning new moves and gaining rhythm
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Ministry of Sound's Pump It Up series of workout videos. Fun but hard if you're like me and can't dance.
  • melissa221979
    Options
    My baby is nearly 6 months now so testing myself through exercise should be fine now, im just so unfit!
  • melissa221979
    Options
    thankyou for all your help! x