30 Day Shred - Your opinions!

Options
Hey guys!

I was thinking of mixing it up a little and grabbing the 30 Day Shred DVD. Have you tried it? Whatcha think?

Replies

• UncensoredMomma
    Options
    I have not. I was doing the Biggest Loser DVD's, but mostly I just try to go to my gym (Curves) every weekday... It's worked to take off 80lbs so far... 120 to go though! :( lol
  • callikia
    callikia Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    You will hate her at first. I swear right now if I hear her say the word "jumping jack" one more time...

But so many people with inches and pounds lost result can't be wrong, right?! I know I'm benefiting because I can FEEL the sore after in the right places.

What do I think? It's quick. It's easy (relatively). I'm addicted to circuit training because it = high calorie burn with lots of change-ups. Just when you start to get really tired in a certain exercise or you think you can't do anymore, you get a "2 more" and you know you can power through 2 more and move on. I'd say go for it!

(That being said, I'm not doing it every day for 30 days. I honestly don't think I could right now....my arms are still sore from Monday! Right now I'm doing it once a week as a quick circuit routine. Sweat like a pig for 20 minutes and I'm done. WOOT! *lol*)
  • daisymae9801
    daisymae9801 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

I was thinking of mixing it up a little and grabbing the 30 Day Shred DVD. Have you tried it? Whatcha think?

Yes! It's awesome! You can't imagine how hard 20 minutes can be until you do this video.
  • grrl77
    grrl77 Posts: 108
    Options
    I have not. I was doing the Biggest Loser DVD's, but mostly I just try to go to my gym (Curves) every weekday... It's worked to take off 80lbs so far... 120 to go though! :( lol

For sure! I like the gym too - I want to start doing the Zumba classes and kickboxing. I just thought this might be a fun switch up if I'm not feeling like hitting the gym. :) PS: you're doing amazing! :D
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I love this workout its fast and effective. AND it does get easier. Try it out x
  • Mrsairforce
    Options
    I'm on day 2. The only thing I cant do is the jumping jacks and jump ropes because I live in the upstairs apartment and paramedics live downstairs. So I go outside and do it once the DVD is finished. She makes me SWEAT and my arms hurt soo bad :) I love it!
  • laineyluma
    laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I agree with a previous poster that you will HATE HER at first. But the results are amazing. I do it everyday along with other exercise such as zumba and jogging.
  • Scatterdragon
    Scatterdragon Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I am on day 7 of level one and it is awesome, although I hate her lol. There is a 30 day shred group if you are interested.
  • mccrockl
    mccrockl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I like it so far. I am still in Level 1. I find it fairly manageable (only 20 minutes so I don't feel crazy burned out by the end). That said, I am only going to do it once or twice a week. I have a lot of other workouts that I enjoy doing and I don't want to give those up.
  • Allyson1985
    Options
    Do it, its great...long as you stick with it. :)
  • callikia
    callikia Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I love this workout its fast and effective. AND it does get easier. Try it out x

I can't wait until I get to the "easier" part! *lol*
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Do it. :smile:
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    I *love* JM! And I hate her too.

I just started my second round of 30 DS today, and I did levels 1&2 back to back. With 5 lb. weights.

The first round, I used 3 lb. weights the whole time (I was nursing a rotator cuff injury), had to modify a couple things to accommodate my sore shoulder, and I still lost a total of 9 inches!

Beware: I gained weight that didn't come back off until day 6 or so.
  • mkam1980
    mkam1980 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    On day 5 and I like it. My sister and I watched it first before actually doing it and we thought it was going to be easy... WE WERE WRONG! My booty hurt so bad the following day. I have even talked my fit husband into doing it with me (he's tried everything PX90, Insantity, ...etc) and he said Jillian's workout out is quick but effective.
  • Ambercita12
    Options
    it really works, and it's quick, instead of taking hours. I also have "Ripped in 30" and it's set up the same way. Sometimes I have to put it on mute because she gets annoying after 7 days, but I have to say, results are awesome
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I did it but didn't lose weight per-say but I did lose inches off my whole body. I really lost it off my abs.
  • Yukisann
    Yukisann Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello! the 30 days shred is incredible! I have the same problems as MrSairforce but I do walk in place or do something while they jumping jack are happening. Nothing hurts yet but i know when I do the exercise it really makes me feel it! Try it, wont regret and the greatest thing for me? u can get it done only in 20 minutes! i love it! :)
  • _xoxok
    _xoxok Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I am on Level 1 - Day 9. It's not easy, but it's not supposed to be.. That's why it works. I do get bored, BUT I've set 3 rewards for myself so that keeps me motivated. I also tell myself everyday that's it's only 20 minutes.. You can't beat that : ) You should really try it!
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I did my usual watch the DVD before you do it last night and I think it looks great. The exercises are simple and you don't need a lot of equipment.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Before I had my last baby, I bought her DVD and some 8 lb weights. I lift a lot. My bench was at 130 lbs while pregnant and I ran 5k's up until I was 36 weeks pregnant. Not walk, I ran. So Jillian couldn't kick my butt. I was all ready for it.

So I have my baby and get the okay to start working out 6 weeks later.

After day 1, I went back to the store and got 5 lb weights. Jillian kicked my butt.