Sixty plus

Options
beach7
beach7 Posts: 2 Member
Would like to hear from any members that are doing well on MFP, and are, like me, over age 60. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome

Search the forums for people with similar goals and interests and send out requests. Giving and receiving encouragement is a great motivator.

Good Luck
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Hello 65 here and been here a few weeks and doing great. Welcome to this site! There are more here are age too that will respond to you.
  • beach7
    beach7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow! You have had some major accomplishments - Congratulations!
  • Shirls2012
    Shirls2012 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 66 and much of me has gone south. I need to lose about fifty pounds and get some strength back in my legs. And try to reverse the jelly belly. I sure could use some encouragement from you and any others in this age group. Cos this age is a whole new ball game!
  • kirstysnan
    kirstysnan Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 64 and have struggled for the last six months with a leg injury from YOGA so not able to exercise much at present. I need to lose about 50 lbs. Coult me as a friend if you like.
  • GreenHummingbird4
    Options
    beach7, is this still anactive thread? at 65, I'm fighting weight and blood pressure. MFP has made a tremendous difference in taking control of my nutritional intake. I decided in Sept to quit the life-long procrastination and get serious about this part of my life. Alot of introspection this year gave me some clarity, was hard having that self-talk, but came away knowing there's no more "cheat life" days.....they all count. Love this board....hope to hear back.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    220# on July 4 2015
    194.4# November 7, 2015.

Always thought I could exercise/workout/run my way to a lesser weight. Didn't work. Gotta cut the calories in. Once you get that figured out, it's not too hard.

Hi.
  • fkwan
    fkwan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 60 and hypothyroid. Gave up sugar, lost 20 pounds on high protein relatively low carb vegan diet, five more to go. You can do it!