30 Day Shred - Your opinions!

Options

Replies

• emoflosser
    emoflosser Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I really like it. I believe I'm on day 4. It's a hard workout, but it's so short that I can fit it in during a time crunch.
  • Crtny
    Crtny Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love 30 day shred! I like to run and then do level 2.....great workout!!
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it yet myself. My daughter said she liked it.
    Well, I do Zumba most days(I'm the instructor! lol) But wanted to add something different on my off days...soooooo I'm going to give it a try starting next week! I won't be doing it everyday but the days I'm not doing Zumba as on those days, I do other types of strengthening....
  • celestemarieadams
    Options
    I love Jillian, and I've owned 30 Day Shred for years now. It works, but it's not for me. I can't use it as a regular workout routine because when I work out at home, I quit easily. That's just me though. I'd rather be at the gym in a workout class where I'm forced to finish.
  • jenlayport
    jenlayport Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    it worked great for me. It was the jumpstart to my weight loss! Now, I prefer classes at the gym, but I will still do the shred on days when I can't get to the gym.
  • chrissaucier
    chrissaucier Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first round of 30DS and found amazing results. I didn't loose any weight but did manage to loose 9.25 inches! I didn't shred every day, every other my muscles were sore alot so I did plain cardio on the off days.I'm continuing this month another round just sticking to level 3. It's hard at first, but you'll come to love Jillian's results.
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I did it but didn't lose weight per-say but I did lose inches off my whole body. I really lost it off my abs.

This exactly. Mind, I was at goal already and just looking to tone more. It was also really hard on my knees, never had knee problems ever before and this made my knees ache for months. Did it 30 days strait at first and now just toss it in the mix now and then.
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I did it but didn't lose weight per-say but I did lose inches off my whole body. I really lost it off my abs.

Want to get it for my abs mainly...hope it works cuz I've never had abs per se...they're there... I know they are! lol just want them to show a little bit!!! :laugh:
  • CLotfy
    CLotfy Posts: 31
    Options
    I did t 30 Day Shred last winter and really enjoyed, but slowly lost my motivation. I couldn't do the jumping jacks...even with two sports bras on I felt a lot of breast pain, so I just jogged in place during those parts. I'm curious how others log it. I'm thinking it would fall under calisthenics - vigorous effort?
  • celestemarieadams
    Options
    I love Jillian, and I've owned 30 Day Shred for years now. It works, but it's not for me. I can't use it as a regular workout routine because when I work out at home, I quit easily. That's just me though. I'd rather be at the gym in a workout class where I'm forced to finish.
  • sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I lost 2 pounds last week when I simply added in her level 1 exercise routine into my normal cardio routine. I have been doing her video for my strength training as we have cancelled our gym membership in leiu of doing at home work outs....

I am doing Level 1 this week and Next to get me going, then week 3 and 4 I will do level 2 and week 5-6 Level 3...

Good Luck! I think you will like her!
  • grrl77
    grrl77 Posts: 108
    Options
    Thanks guys! I've just read a lot of positive feedback about her in other feeds, and wanted to get your opinion too! I don't think she's gonna replace my regular gym stuff, but it'll be good for days when it's raining or blah outside and I don't want to hit the gym. Or weekends. :)
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Day one kicked my booty! I could hardly walk the next day. On the second day after, I did again, legs hurt a bit, but today, the day after, feeling fine. She is brutal but worth it.
  • TidoWyla
    TidoWyla Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT! Her Ripped in 30 is great too....similar to the 30 day shred.
  • elissascotland
    elissascotland Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    it really works, and it's quick, instead of taking hours. I also have "Ripped in 30" and it's set up the same way. Sometimes I have to put it on mute because she gets annoying after 7 days, but I have to say, results are awesome

This.

30DS changed my body shape, I dropped 2 clothes sizes. US 10/12 to US 6/8.
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Get it! You will not regret it! The first 3 days will be the toughest, get through them and you will ROCK!

Have Fun!
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Love 30 day Shred!!!!! Its tough at first but after week one you'll love it and will want to keep using the dvd!!!
  • zenthebird
    zenthebird Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love it because of the short time involved. I have used my Polar to calculate calories burned. I burn around 220 for level one and level 2(I weigh around 148).
    One thing, though.....even though Jillian glibly says that "anyone can do jumping jacks" some people can't do them without peeing their pants.
  • lorna1002
    lorna1002 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 and although i ache i love it! I can literally feel it working, especially on my tummy which feel as though it's been trampled by horses. I am new at it at the moment but i would recommend it to anyone. :smile:
  • grrl77
    grrl77 Posts: 108
    Options
    I love it because of the short time involved. I have used my Polar to calculate calories burned. I burn around 220 for level one and level 2(I weigh around 148).
    One thing, though.....even though Jillian glibly says that "anyone can do jumping jacks" some people can't do them without peeing their pants.

LOL that , and I'm afraid my boobs will knock me out. :P