Negative calorie foods

Options
So apparently apples and other vegetables and fruits are negative calories. Should I still track them when I eat them? I feel like I should but I just don't even know if the whole negative calorie thing is true

Replies

• heartshines
    heartshines Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I track everything I eat just to have record. It helps me stay on track.
    If anything I eat burns off calories, then that's an added bonus!

Keep up the good work!
  • FionaAnne22
    FionaAnne22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Yeah I would still put them in, celery is also negative
  • TeresaC79
    TeresaC79 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    i get 80 calories when i eat an apple.....where does it say it is negative calories?
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as a negative calorie food.
  • pretty_ribbons
    pretty_ribbons Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    These are foods that use more energy to digest that the actual food has, right? i would add it but just dont feel so bad when u have loads, like, 10 apples LOL!
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options

^ This.
  • CLotfy
    CLotfy Posts: 31
    Options
    I know Weight Watchers doesn't normally count most fruits and vegetables towards your daily Points, but I've always logged everything that goes into my mouth.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

^ This.

Just to drive the point home...
  • mill1295
    mill1295 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as a negative calorie food. Apples are around 80 cals, more if they're big. Some vegetables have very low calories but even a single calorie is a lot of energy and your body is an efficient machine..
  • debikay55
    debikay55 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hello i track every thing :)
  • chicky89
    chicky89 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    If there were negative calorie foods, when you look up the nutrional fact, it would say 0 or -40.

They are certainily calories that are good for you, and are best if you need to snack on something with very little or no calories left.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    this is a LIE! there is no such thing as negative calorie food!!!! such a damn dieting myth that people are dumb enough to keep believing! If its a food it has calories!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kenyonsmom10
    kenyonsmom10 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    if you eat it, log it. the end.
  • kenyonsmom10
    kenyonsmom10 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    this is a LIE! there is no such thing as negative calorie food!!!! such a damn dieting myth that people are dumb enough to keep believing! If its a food it has calories!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^ exactly. if you eat it, you record it.... it was a consumption of food=calories!
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    in case you don't believe me....here is some trusty internet facts!!
    http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1896439_1896359_1896346,00.html
  • tpenha
    tpenha Posts: 19
    Options
    absolutely!!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Isn't lead paint a negative calorie food?
  • rmpratt1
    rmpratt1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    As someone else said there is no negative calorie food - it is a food that the process of digestion & eating costs more than eating the food. Which works for small quantities of any food however if you fill your stomach with celery it will not be a negative calorie food.

The calories you are allocated as your daily resting burn rate effectively take into consideration the energy it takes you to process food.
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options

^ This.

Just to drive the point home...

And again.