I like to bake. =/

Options
I really want to make some funfetti cookies. While I know I can have like 2 or 3 and be perfectly fine for the day I can't make just two or 3 and I'm afraid I'll eat the entire batch which will ruin my day.

Replies

• STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I cannot bake cookies!!!!
    I will eat too many....
    I can on the other hand bake a cake and not touch it.
    Cookies are eeevviiillll!!! hahahaha
  • JennSchittl
    Options
    Make a batch, cook two or three, then freeze the rest of the batter for another day!
  • pattitricia85
    pattitricia85 Posts: 376
    Options
    freezing them is a good idea. i have the same problem. i have a box of ghiradelli brownie mix that i was supposed to make for a potluck, but i forgot to make it. it is just sitting in my cupboard calling my name! If i make it i know i will eat like half of it, i can't resist brownies! Good luck on that...
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Make a batch, cook two or three, then freeze the rest of the batter for another day!

I don't know if you have a tray that will fit in your freezer but do this with the dough already in serving size so you can pull them out and only make a couple here or there. I think I might try this. Or even better maybe you can pam spray an ice cube tray and freeze them that way.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    What about reducing the recipe? Cutting in in 1/4 or so? Should be easy enough to do. I've even done it with cake mixes to make only enough cupcakes for the family to have one day. I just measure out how much cake mix is in a box, then divide the recipe by how much I need (we have a family of 6, so I divide by 1/4. Some measurements don't divide perfectly, like you use 3 eggs for a box mix, I use 1 when I make 1/4 of a box....

Hope this helps!
  • Hermit4Hire
    Hermit4Hire Posts: 197
    Options
    No worries, send the extras to me:happy: