Easy lunch ideas for work?

LemonsAndCoffee
LemonsAndCoffee Posts: 313 Member
Hello all! This is my first week in and I'm already pretty over my lunches each day. I had a can of soup today and the other days this week I had salad with tuna fish. I know there is so much more I could do for lunch but I just can't think of anything. Ideas? I need something kind of easy with no complicated ingredients. We have a toaster oven and microwave to heat.
Thank you ahead of time!!!

:flowerforyou:

Nikki

Replies

• Lift_Run_Eat
    Lift_Run_Eat Posts: 986 Member
    I posted on a separate topic that I take the pre-cooked chicken breast strips, vegetables (any fresh or frozen), and any seasonings and broil in the toaster for about 10-15 minutes. I can vary up on vegetables and seasonings to make something more italian, mexican, etc... whatever my mood is for that day!

Today was 3 oz chicken, and 3 oz broccoli & cauliflower medley (frozen kind) with and Mrs. Dash Onion & Herb blend.
    My favorite is the chicken with squash, onions, cherry tomatoes, and mushrooms.
  • LemonsAndCoffee
    Oh, that sounds really good! Thanks! Might be trying that tomorrow :smile:
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    cup a soups are quick, simple, and low in cals.

when im in work i always carry a cup a soup around with me in my bag, lol. there are really yummy and with a piece of fruit with it, it fills me right up.
  • I had turkey on a thin everything bagel with lettuce and red onion. I added 1/2 T of a pomegranate chipotle sauce that was only 23 calories and no fat. that is what made it taste even better than just a boring sandwich. Maybe some kind of dressing you already have would work. Good luck!
  • lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    Well, I'm usually strapped for time in the morning so lunch has to be something for a few days. I get some fat free cheese (kraft has singles) and turkey breast lunch meat (hillshire farms) and a low carb wrap/tortilla. Add some veggies like spinach or tomatoes and low call dressing ( Iike the kraft light cheese ranch) and you have a tasty sandwich. I also like the jello no sugar pudding or jello for desert. Good luck. Lunch is always a challenge for me in the morning before work to get together and not be boring.
  • dhurley88
    dhurley88 Posts: 10 Member
    I take leftovers almost every day. On Sundays I will cook, for example, a few chicken breasts. So one day I will have chicken with pasta, one day I will chop it up and toss it in a salad, one day I will put it in a tortilla, one day I might take it with rice or veggies. Otherwise, I bring lean cuisines, soup, or sandwiches with a piece of fruit and a snack. Greek yogurts with fruit in them are also very filling. Good luck :)
  • josery1630
    josery1630 Posts: 205 Member
    Leftovers? I make sure to make meals on the weekends and in the evenings that will allow me to have leftovers so it's not the same thing over and over.

Some of the Kashi frozen meals are really good too. I like the sweet & sour chicken. You can also bring a sandwich (or half if a whole one is over your calorie budget), turkey wraps, tacos, things like that.
  • Try a turkey wrap, easy! Whole grain wrap, turkey meat mustard, lettuce tomato!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    I have to pack the night before .... no way I get this done in the AM. I will mention a couple things that have not been mentioned yet:

Cottage cheese with fruit - veggie side - 1 slice wheat toast

reduced fat cheese stick - hard boiled egg - salad greens - whole wheat crackers - fruit
  • thagberg2011
    thagberg2011 Posts: 29 Member
    Someone on this site gave me a website that has awesome healthy recipes. It is www.skinnytaste.com. I have tried a few recipes and have not been disappointed yet.
  • Well, I'm usually strapped for time in the morning so lunch has to be something for a few days. I get some fat free cheese (kraft has singles) and turkey breast lunch meat (hillshire farms) and a low carb wrap/tortilla. Add some veggies like spinach or tomatoes and low call dressing ( Iike the kraft light cheese ranch) and you have a tasty sandwich. I also like the jello no sugar pudding or jello for desert. Good luck. Lunch is always a challenge for me in the morning before work to get together and not be boring.

This sounds delicious! I've been trying to think of some quick, tasty lunch ideas, and this would be a great way to spice up a boring turkey sandwich!
  • LemonsAndCoffee
    Thanks to everyone. Great ideas! I can't wait to try out a few!
  • MeghanAM
    MeghanAM Posts: 222 Member
    I love to make "fancy salads" (like I made one with arugula, pears, and pecans a few days ago), in a pita. I usually use some kind of "spread" for it (where someone might use mayo), and that's usually avocado, greek yogurt, or hummus.
  • Salads are the way to go for me. I can prepare them the night before to save time in the morning too!
    Today I had a baby spinach salad with mozzarella, ham and apples. :) Try mixing some cheeses, fruits and proteins.
    I also like: 1) chopped walnuts, grilled chicken and dried cranberries, 2) bacon, low fat cheddar and a chopped apple, 3) pear, walnut and blue cheese-- all on top of a mix of baby spinach and arugula.

Or, you can always make a little bit more of dinner and save leftovers for lunch the next day.