How much water...

How much water do you drink in a day? Before lunch I had drank 80oz.. I hope I'm not drinking too much.

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Two good rules of thumb:

1) drink 1 oz of water for every 2 pounds of body weight. So for me, at 180, 90 ounces or 11+ cups of water per day is about right.

2) if your pee is clear, you're overhydrated. There should be a slight tint to it. Of course certain foods and vitamin suppliments and medicines will skew this. Chugging your water can also skew results - better to sip.

I personally drink at least 8 cups of water per day then add on tea, coffee and the occassional soda.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member
    Drink when you're thirsty
  • As long as I hit half of my body weight in ounces of water a day, I am doing good.

I usually drink more in the morning and early afternoon, and less in the evening to minimize trips to the bathroom overnight.

Usually 70 in the morning and 20-30 at night.

So no, you're okay in my opinion.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    How much water do you drink in a day? Before lunch I had drank 80oz.. I hope I'm not drinking too much.

While you don't necessarily need to drink 80 ounces of water before lunch, you didn't drink too much. I usually have 48 ounces by the time I get to work (8:30ish)...then 8-16 more before lunch...then a 20 ounce sobe lifewater at lunch...and then I relax my water intake the rest of the day, usually finishing around 96-110 ounces. Today, in honor of Thirsty Thursday, I arrived at work having had 64 ounces of water...added 24 more before lunch...and am finishing up that 20 ounces I started at lunch. This isn't the first day I've had 80 ounces by lunch. No worries. You will be fine.
  • UnderConstructionJ
    UnderConstructionJ Posts: 87 Member
    An ounce for every 2 pounds sounds like a lot...well maybe because 64oz is a big enough challenge for me on most days :-)
    Two good rules of thumb:

1) drink 1 oz of water for every 2 pounds of body weight. So for me, at 180, 90 ounces or 11+ cups of water per day is about right.

2) if your pee is clear, you're overhydrated. There should be a slight tint to it. Of course certain foods and vitamin suppliments and medicines will skew this. Chugging your water can also skew results - better to sip.

I personally drink at least 8 cups of water per day then add on tea, coffee and the occassional soda.
  • only4me_lori
    only4me_lori Posts: 25 Member
    I drink A LOT of water, but I chug it..If I try to take my time and sip it..it would never get drunk...sooooo I have a 33.8 oz bottle and i have it gone in less than 10 minutes...also I love the MIO squeeze flavorings...I do not like ice water...room temp water goes down better for me...so I would say I drink about 3-4 bottles of water in a 4 hour period, plus I drink a few glasses of lemon water, plus 2 cups of coffee...but i also piddle A LOT...