Dessert at night

Options
hamullin
hamullin Posts: 6 Member
At the end of the night, I always feel like I "need" a dessert. I have been eating 100 calorie ice pops because I don't want the extra sugar and carbs. Does anyone have any good suggestions?

Replies

• Jennifer0878
    Jennifer0878 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    A friend recommended the Vita Tops muffins (in the frozen section of your grocery store). They are only 100 calories, loaded with Fiber and are minimally processed. My current favorite is the Deep Chocolate.

I also like to take 1/2 C. plain organic yogurt and mix it with 1 tsp. honey and some walnuts.
  • hamullin
    hamullin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you, that sounds great!
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Fiber One Brownies - 90 calories and really very good, imho!!
  • jschneider
    jschneider Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I like cut up a half of banana and put a little bit of hershey syrup on it..put it in the freezer for a little while...Yummy
  • jrhose
    jrhose Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt bars (Yasso) are good - 80 calories. Also, a dessert that I learned on South Beach Diet was a 1/2 cup of fat free ricotta cheese, a couple teaspoons of cocoa powder, some sliced almonds and a drop of vanilla. Tastes kind of like a mousse!
  • AnnieDrews
    Options

Yes, yes! Love these!!
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options

THIS!!:love:
  • nhhartmann
    nhhartmann Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love a Nabisco honey graham (4 crackers or one sheet) with 1 tablespoon of natural no sugar added peanut better - total calories - 110. The peanut butter is filling and the cracker is sweet and I love peanut butter.

Also - I sometimes have a mini-icecream sandwich.

If I'm on a total sweets binge, I make sure to have fruit and add in a light cheese stick to fill me up. Fruit like apples typically stops the madness for me.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Strawberries with fat free canned whipped topping - AMAZING!!!! Less than 100 calories
    Great value orange sherbet push up pops - 80 calories
    Blue bunny chcolate covered ice cream bar - 110 calories
    Chocolate milk with skim milk and ovaltine - 100 calories
    Skinny cow anything - 100-150 calories

I eat dessert every single night and have since I started this almost 1 year ago. I did not and do not want to deprive myself because I know I would never stick with it.
  • istalkzombies
    istalkzombies Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I have a few different goto desserts 1/2cup greek yogurt with with fruit and/or 1tablespoon ED Smith jam (only 25 cals) and/or a Stevia In The Raw packet.

I also love Sweet Delites popsicles theyare delicious (http://www.phillyswirl.com/sweetdelites.html) only 14 cals per popsicle and at walmart its only like 2 or 3 bucks for a box of 10
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Said this before, but a Muller light yogurt, frozen at 99 calories or so is a good one for me. Takes ages to chip away at, and works for me.