cutting carbs?

Options
Hey, anybody wanna cut out the carbs for 2 weeks with me?
or maybe anyone done this and can give me ideas on what to eat?
im starting this on Sunday to give myself a kick start, i've done it before and lost around 7lbs
i ate soup and veg and it felt pretty good :)

Replies

• cacrat
    cacrat Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    7lbs is right around what I lose on my depletion days. Its all water weight, sorry. Right now I'm pretty close to depleted and I've lost about 5, tho I haven't checked the scale since yesterday. My standard is chicken breast with broccoli. Sprinkle some cheese on the broccoli and some 0cal honey mustard on the chicken and you're low carb. Don't forget when you're on a low carb diet your body needs more protein than in a standard diet. So make sure your protein is somewhere in the 1g/lb of weight. Good luck this time!
  • pretty_ribbons
    pretty_ribbons Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thanks i will remember that about the protein, and i hear that about the water weight but the reason i like doing this is it keeps me focused and motivated, the last time i went on to loose 28 lbs in total and have kept it off, i think this would be stupid if i was to go straight back to eating badly after the 2 weeks but as i said this is a kick start of me
  • cacrat
    cacrat Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Good well keep it up. Like you said, its a marathon, not a race.
  • lilroni2u
    lilroni2u Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm not cutting carbs out but I am eating a low carb diet right now. I'm eating eggs, lean meats, fish, lots of veggies, fruit, cheese and nuts. I'm just cutting out all starchy carbs like breads and pastas. But I tell you what I had the other night that was delicious was some turkey breast and instead of using gravy I used leftover white clam sauce that I made originally for linguine and poured the sauce over the turkey. And then I had some well season collard greens for my side dish. OMG it was good!!