Making a much needed Change

Options
I heard about this site through a friend at school who uses it. I recently lost 5 pounds in the past 5 days. I know some of you may think I'm a walking fad diet but the truth is my body just got a little jump start. You see I am 23 yrs old, 5 feet 4 inches, and as of January 1, 2012, I tipped the scale at 363 Pounds. I couldn't believe that, sure I had known that I was over 300 lbs for about a year and a half, but only 6 weeks earlier, November 22 to be exact I was 350 lbs, 13 lbs lighter. To gain that amount of weight in that amount of time means I packed on approximately 2.25 lbs a week. This was both scarey and a wake up call. Despite my joints always aching and my clothes never fitting, not knowing exactly how much I weighed kept me partially blinded from the fact that I needed to change...IMMEDIATELY. So that's what I did. I changed how I ate. Eating 4 snacks and three meals, also not very heavy, every 2 hours from the last, I lost five pounds in 5 days. Now I know that this type of weight loss more than likely won't continue, but I do know that some significant weekly weight-loss is in store for me. If anyone has any pointers, or encouragement, or just to simply say "Hi" it would be greatly appreciated, Sincerely Making-a-much-needed Change

Replies

• Tink_89
    Tink_89 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hiya,

I am also new to posting in the community but welcome :)

It's great you have already started making positive changes and want to continue to do so. I'm sure you will lovely! Congratulations on the weight loss so far. If the plan is working for you and MFP is telling you that it's healthy, then go for it and if things need adjusting along the line then I'm sure there are plenty of people on the site who will be able to offer some advice.

Take care,

Lottie x
  • Angierae81
    Angierae81 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    you are on your way to success!!!! And your right you will not continue to lose at that rate but thats ok youve made the first steps. Keep moving and eating health. You will have good days and bad days but dont give up just cause you had a bad day, dont punish your self. The days are going to pass no matter what so you might as well make the most of it .

Angie

12947656.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools