I ate chinese food for lunch...

Options
I feel like I took a huge step backward in my goal to lose weight. I don't feel good about myself today. I don't even want to work out..this is the worst I've felt in months..So mad at myself!

Replies

• SOBAY311
    SOBAY311 Posts: 33
    Options
    I feel like I took a huge step backward in my goal to lose weight. I don't feel good about myself today. I don't even want to work out..this is the worst I've felt in months..So mad at myself!

Your "bad" lunch shouldn't derail you from your goals. Imagine how mad and crappy you will feel about yourself if you don't continue to work out. Wake up tomorrow, forget about today, and continue on. It's okay to have "bad" days once in a while, ya know? :smile:
  • becbec71
    becbec71 Posts: 136
    Options
    I say go for a walk or make your self do that work out. I always try to remember how crapy I felt the next time. Its ok to give into a craving once in a while so dont feel too bad, My give in is usually a margarita or 2 once or twice a month hehe:drinker:
  • jessicanorrell
    Options
    I feel for you I did the same thing i ate taco bell and i did not do my workouts today i feel like poop
    I hope tomorrow will be better . keep going its worth it
  • muimuimui
    muimuimui Posts: 113
    Options
    Well if its any consolation I eat chinese food every day..
    ; D

all jokes aside you shouldn't feel so bad. One day isn't going to throw you off completely, and in fact, may be productive to weight loss..
    If you don't do it consistently and eat right the rest of the days. (throwing off the body's equilibrium and what not.. kicking the metabolism.. Sounds like crap, I know. But google 'cheat days'.)

And hey. If you're going to make this a permanent life changing sorta deal, do you think you're going to swear off foods you enjoy for as long as you live?
    Can't do that. Food is one of the joys of life. :3

Just get back on the boat. Maybe exercise right now, there's time. You shouldn't stop yourself from exercising because you're not happy with yourself.. Kind of counter productive.
  • rugbymooch
    rugbymooch Posts: 1
    Options
    If you don't have room to stray once in a while, it's harder to be compliant. Hop back on track !
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    So did I :wink:
    I have no idea how to log it so I figure I'll have a light dinner get in a bit of exersize.
    Once in moderation won't hurt your long term goals it just a small pothole on the road of life:laugh:
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I :heart: chinese food!
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    This was a bad lunch, not a bad day. Eat right for dinner and move on. Tomorrow will be here soon enough and you will already be on track , because you made the right choice for dinner. Keep up the good work and do not quit:flowerforyou:
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    you mean you had it for lunch, mid day snack, dinner and evening snack!! :sad:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Well if its any consolation I eat chinese food every day..
    ; D

all jokes aside you shouldn't feel so bad. One day isn't going to throw you off completely, and in fact, may be productive to weight loss..
    If you don't do it consistently and eat right the rest of the days. (throwing off the body's equilibrium and what not.. kicking the metabolism.. Sounds like crap, I know. But google 'cheat days'.)

And hey. If you're going to make this a permanent life changing sorta deal, do you think you're going to swear off foods you enjoy for as long as you live?
    Can't do that. Food is one of the joys of life. :3

Just get back on the boat. Maybe exercise right now, there's time. You shouldn't stop yourself from exercising because you're not happy with yourself.. Kind of counter productive.

Muie you crack me up!!!!!! And you are right.

Go for a walk....walk in place for 15 mins. DO NOT SINK INTO SELF LOATHING.....you need to just make it work out for you today.

:flowerforyou:
  • muimuimui
    muimuimui Posts: 113
    Options
    Muie you crack me up!!!!!! And you are right.

Go for a walk....walk in place for 15 mins. DO NOT SINK INTO SELF LOATHING.....you need to just make it work out for you today.

:flowerforyou:

haha~ Thank you : D
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    I read a good analogy for this in my Fitness magazine...

If you got a speeding ticket, you wouldn't just go and break all the traffic rules for the rest of the day, would you? No, you wouldn't. Same goes for making little mistakes with eating. It's no excuse to let yourself off the hook for the whole day! Get off your butt and go burn off those egg rolls!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    Nobody's perfect. Just start your day over right this minute. Get moving and go back to your healthy ways.:bigsmile:
  • rayemlls
    rayemlls Posts: 45
    Options
    Ive done the same with chinese food and carl jr..If I dont give in to my cravings every once in a while then I get *****y...Just do an extra 30 min workout and youll feel better. Every time I give in to my craving I make myself do an extra 30 min workout. I think for me personally ill do much better if I take it one day at a time but its been a learning process...I have to make myself work out tonight when I get home, ive gone over my calories for the day with cheese and crackers..LOL...Atleast you got chinese food..:laugh:
  • krissynicole787
    krissynicole787 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    i had chinese food on saturday..and a slice of birthday cake :bigsmile:

My nephew/ god son turned 4 so of course I was going to party with him!

I didn't feel bad about it either. That day was my cheat day anyways...and I worked out everyday up to today!
  • ckroys
    ckroys Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I had it for lunch today, too, and it wasn't that bad calorie-wise. I guess it depends on the meal, but 1 cup of sesame chicken and steamed rice isn't that bad. I mean, I couldn't do it every day, but a 500 cal. lunch when I'm working my butt off in the garden and the rest of my day wasn't bad, so I don't feel guilty at all - and neither should you. If you tell yourself you can't ever have whatever you had today, you'll only want it more. Just budget your calories accordingly for the rest of the day, and don't be afraid to eat chinese.