bride anxiety vs. my diet!

Options
Hi everyone! I'm getting married on April 28th and I wanna look and feel good...the thing is that every time I think of the wedding i feel so anxious!! And I eat all kind of sweets!!
Any good tips???

Replies

• Jenene88
    Jenene88 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Don't let your wedding do that to you! It's gonna be a good day! Instead I eating go do a good workout. It will help
  • scollier8094
    Options
    I have zero self control when it comes to junk food, so I got rid of all junk food in my kitchen. Replaced it with fruits and veggi's. When I go grocery shopping I don't even go down the cookie isle because I'd buy something if I did.

Maybe, also, you could try putting a picture of your wedding dress on your cabinet or fridge door as a nice reminder when you get the urge. =)
  • CrystalCrossan
    CrystalCrossan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I TOTALLY understand you! I'm getting married in July and when I feel the stress, I reach for sweets too. I started keeping GNC Total Lean shakes (Swiss Chocolate is my fave flavour) on hand. Half of one of those can crush my sweet craving....someone suggested frozen fruit too...maybe I'll give that a go.
    The problem is that when you get stressed, your body wants to comfort itself and sugar gives it a feeling of "balance" (even though you crash hard later). So, you need to find something that will offset the craving. Try drinking a glass of water first...I drag a water bottle around with me everywhere, and those are the days I can beat sweet cravings.
    But, I still find myself reaching for jelly beans and chocolates if they are available...if they're not near me, I can cope.
    All the best!!!!
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    OMG! I'm ALSO getting married on April 28th!
    I don't keep ANY sweets in the house! Celery, sugar free things, carrots... low cal treats. Anything to snack on. I work out now when I get stressed.
  • Jdubmarie
    Jdubmarie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have zero self control when it comes to junk food, so I got rid of all junk food in my kitchen. Replaced it with fruits and veggi's. When I go grocery shopping I don't even go down the cookie isle because I'd buy something if I did.

Maybe, also, you could try putting a picture of your wedding dress on your cabinet or fridge door as a nice reminder when you get the urge. =)

Great idea about the picture of the dress of the fridge! I'll have to use that trick!
  • EmmaShorter
    Options
    Don't get anxious over your wedding - it was the best day of my life even though I didn't get to goal. I felt alot better having lost 14 pound prior to it though! Now I am aiming for goal prior to making babies!
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Im gonna put a picture of my wedding dress on my refrigerator too! that's a great idea! especially coming from a guy? awesome sauce!
  • josaleigh
    Options
    A handful of Honey Nut Cheerios cure my craving for sweets..every...single...time...!
  • MonkeyLover1993XxX
    Options
    A handful of Honey Nut Cheerios cure my craving for sweets..every...single...time...!
    oh gosh i wish i had yourself control and handful would turn in to 5 boxs for me
  • gorda1981
    Options
    thank you all!!!! i'm definitely gonna put the picture of the dress on the refrigerator!!!!!!
    i'm also trying to work out a lot!!!! I love marshmallows....i should replace them for cheerios!!
    it's hard to keep the diet, but it's worth the shot!!