Any women want to know what weight to shoot for your height

Options
hamp8891
hamp8891 Posts: 15 Member
I found this website and really love it. I hope that everyone who posts to it is completely honest (with us and themselves), but it seems to be reasonable. So you can browse through hundreds of pictures of women and filter by height, weight, clothing size and shape. I'm 5'9" and always wondering if my goal weight is a healthy, attainable one. I can browse images of other women my height at the weight I want to be and see if that looks healthy. I also love that I found it by googling "what real women look like." I hope you all find it as useful as I did for goal setting and inspiration!

http://www.mybodygallery.com/

Replies

• sydanne33
    Options
    Great link!!!! Thanks for sharing!!
  • Hannah0614
    Options
    This is great thank you has made me realise what i really want my weight goal to be :)
  • kaydensmom12
    Options
    I actually have gone there a few times since starting the weight loss journey last May. I love the website and it does give you alot of insight on your current and goal weight. It sends a positive message.
  • vinylscratch
    vinylscratch Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    So great! My goal weight is now 10lbs lower than what I originally thought.. but I'm excited!!
  • UnderConstructionJ
    UnderConstructionJ Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ItsBcoz
    ItsBcoz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    WOW that really helps to open your eyes doesn't it ....... Thanks for sharing.
  • BooLives82
    BooLives82 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I really liked this link. I think it is important to see real people. I am cautious, however, because I looked really good at 170 and I am 4'10" and all of the BMI's and sites say that for my height I should weigh 89 - 110 pounds. I think that my goal of 140 is perfect for me. Always remember to strive to what is going to be good for you, different body types mean that what looks good on one person might not look so good on you.. Be true to yourself....
  • Tink_89
    Tink_89 Posts: 23
    Options
    That's a really fab site. Thanks for sharing.
  • thatgirl125
    thatgirl125 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    yup, I still want to be 100lbs in the end. lol (im 4' 11")
    I like this site, this will be my inspiration now! When ever I start doubting myself I will go to that site and look at what size I want to be.
  • demery12371
    demery12371 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't talking to a doctor, nutritionist, another medical professional, or maybe even a personal trainer be a better way of deciding what a healthy, attainable weight for you is? Another alternative is that as you approach your "healthy weight range" (based on BMI), you can *kitten* how you feel, what your fitness goals are, etc. to decide if you want to keep losing weight, or if you're happy where you are. You might even try losing more weight, but find that doing so requires unhealthy levels of restriction for you.

Also, keep in mind that weight can look very different on different people, especially if they have different body composition. Being the same weight as someone else, or even the same clothing size, doesn't necessarily mean your body will look like theirs.
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Yeah, thanks for sharing.

OP: What is your goal weight if you don't mind me asking? I'm 5'9 as well and my goal weight is 135, and still is judging by what this website you've linked shows me.
  • PJmetts
    PJmetts Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Can't look at work but "BUMP" so I can see it at home tonight, thanks for posting!
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    problem is I now only want to be 100lbs and size 8, instead of 129/132 ish and size 12/14
  • awdhemi
    awdhemi Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for the link! I am down to the last few pounds and I have been having a hard time figuring out where I want to end up! This has definitely helped :)
  • pretty_ribbons
    pretty_ribbons Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    this is good!
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Neat site. Thanks for sharing.
  • jennajosephine
    jennajosephine Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link!
  • PokerChris
    PokerChris Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I saw a woman my height (6') and goal weight, and she looks great! Thanks for sharing.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    That's cool!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!