Lesley vs Jillian!

Options
2»

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I've never seen either of these people, but why would anyone want to workout to someone that is mean? How fun could that be?
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I ony done Jilian's 30DS, but I do love it. I'm more of a classes-at-the-gym person than a DVD person, though.

But Q-- how does Leslie work? How do you walk to a DVD? Is it walking in place, or what?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I've never seen either of these people, but why would anyone want to workout to someone that is mean? How fun could that be?

It's motivation for some people. Really, it's Jillian's niche - good marketing on her part.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

It's motivation for some people. Really, it's Jillian's niche - good marketing on her part.

Mean is motivation? I don't get it, but it must work for many because she does seem very popular. I like to have fun while woking out though.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I ony done Jilian's 30DS, but I do love it. I'm more of a classes-at-the-gym person than a DVD person, though.

But Q-- how does Leslie work? How do you walk to a DVD? Is it walking in place, or what?

Walking videos are for those of us (myself included) who have 2 left feet, can't stand (or do) complicated choreography, can't dance (or don't want to) ..... Great "no brainer" workouts for low impact.

Typical walking video - walk in place .... for awhile, do side steps .... for awhile, walk in place .... for awhile, do knee lifts..... for awhile, etc. Leslie adds arm movements too. Make your moves bigger and add handweights to bump up the intensity. These will never be intense enough for runners.

This is more interesting (IMO) than the treadmill. Because the moves are so simple, you can use your own music. Low impact means I can do this in an apartment and not tick off the neighbors. Very little space is required.
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Oh, I am the queen of 2 left feet. When I said classes at the gym, think Spinning, NOT Zumba. LOL

She sounds great!
  • purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Lesley Sansone or Jillian Michaels?
    Who's your favourite?
    Until you posted the topic, I hadn't actually heard of Lesley Sansone! But then, until I joined MFP there were a lot of exercise routines and DVDs I'd not heard of!! I'll look up Lesley Sansone and let ya know what I think, Jillian Michaels isn't all that bad :smile:

Might have better luck if you search for LESLIE SANSONE :wink:

lol, sorry but where I'm from Leslie is the male spelling of the name! I didn't realise I'd got it wrong until everyone else kept typing Leslie! pmsl
  • Gottastop
    Gottastop Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Look for free Leslie Sansone videos at exercisetv.tv.com

Start! Walking 1 (mile) or 2 Miles ..... these are Leslie solo ..... she's calm here, and the 1 Mile version is fairly slow. The 3 Mile one is great.

Cardio Slimdown - this is 1 mile .... Leslie with a group .... more friendly but not over the top ... wish it were longer. Leslie can be a little giddy at times ... Power Walk with Friends .... yikes!

To bring up the intensity you can wear weighted gloves or use small handweights.

Glad to know I'm not the only one that thought she was too giddy.
    I just got the 5 Day Slim Down & I only did the Day 1 Classic walk which is a 14minute mile but I really liked it; I just wish I was in shape to do more
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    thor1god1of1awesome Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I love both! I use Leslie's workouts when I want to do something low impact and JM is great for those days you just want to sweat and work your whole body ;)
    I am the same^^^ I also throw in TaeBo to mix it up some
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I like Jillian personally. But then again, I like to yell obscenities at her while she's kicking my *kitten*. Lesley's too 'happy' for me.
  • dennissara
    Options
    Did 7 days of 30 Day Shred with Jillian and my knee pain is fierce. Talked to a physical therapist today and she says that dvd is not for anyone prone to knee injuries. Back to Leslie I go . .