Has anyone ever tried HCG Drops?

Options
My aunt and cousin are doing them, but only 500 CALORIES a day!! Has anyone ever tried them, and if so, success? I would like to, but I want to stay with my 1200 calories a day...

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    My aunt and cousin are doing them, but only 500 CALORIES a day!! Has anyone ever tried them, and if so, success? I would like to, but I want to stay with my 1200 calories a day...
    this thread will be locked but do a search. Very big debated discussion. But it isnt a good diet as it kills your metabolism and the drops litterally do nothing for weightloss, its a placebo. The weightloss is from the 500 calories a day.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Realize that it's the 500 calories a day that is causing their loss and not HCG. And trust that once they start eating again, all that torture will be all for naught because weight will probably return.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • michelerich77
    michelerich77 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Why will the thread be locked? Im new to this, and so im not sure how everything works... I thought it seemed a bit leary these "Magic drops".. I believe in eating right and working out.. So Im just wondering how people loose the weight from them??
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    People lose weight by eating only 500 calories per day, not from the HCG. The FDA has now banned HCG drops and has not sanctioned injectible HCG for weight loss issues.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Why will the thread be locked? Im new to this, and so im not sure how everything works... I thought it seemed a bit leary these "Magic drops".. I believe in eating right and working out.. So Im just wondering how people loose the weight from them??
    it will be locked as its a topic that causes a lot of fight and mfp doesnt promote unhealthy methods of weight loss. If you go to the search button and type in hcg, there are a ton of threads. Also, there are a few of them i havebeen involved in that shoe the impact to your metabolism. Even 1200 calories might be too low. I would look up bmr and tdee as understanding that will give you more advice on maintaining weight after its off.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    HCG is a hormone produced naturally by pregnant women and it is found in their urine. It is approved for fertility and pubescent hormone replacement. It has never been approved for weight loss because it has never been proven to work. It does not reduce appetite, and it does not affect the composition of fat lost. People lose weight doing HCG because they eat less than the average anorexic. It is completely dangerous.
  • jnnfrnchls07
    Options
    i have tried the hCG drops. you can order them on-line, but the best meal plan / instruction booklet to follow is the one from a doctor's office where they administer the hCG shot. i did not follow the meal plan the way i should have; i was having to cook for my family & constantly 'cheating'. i did lose 10 lbs out of the up to 20 lbs you can lose by doing it correctly. i have ordered another bottle, but am trying to lose a certain amount of weight on my own before i try the drops again. the 500 calories a day wasn't hard to keep because the drops work in a way that they open up your abnormal fat stores & cause a 'full' feeling, therefore you are burning actual stored fat & don't have much of an appetite. you just have to eat the right foods. the booklet i got from a doctor's office had a longer food list. you also are instructed not to exercise, but if you must only 30 min a day & nothing more vigorous than walking / low impact. & the weight you lose is from the areas you most want to lose it from (thighs, stomach, hips, butt) & will stay off if you follow the plan to stabilize your body. at the end of the program, the hCG drops are supposed to have reset your metabolism.

hope this helps -- from an actual hCG drop, user who used www.livethin.net
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    i have tried the hCG drops. you can order them on-line, but the best meal plan / instruction booklet to follow is the one from a doctor's office where they administer the hCG shot. i did not follow the meal plan the way i should have; i was having to cook for my family & constantly 'cheating'. i did lose 10 lbs out of the up to 20 lbs you can lose by doing it correctly. i have ordered another bottle, but am trying to lose a certain amount of weight on my own before i try the drops again. the 500 calories a day wasn't hard to keep because the drops work in a way that they open up your abnormal fat stores & cause a 'full' feeling, therefore you are burning actual stored fat & don't have much of an appetite. you just have to eat the right foods. the booklet i got from a doctor's office had a longer food list. you also are instructed not to exercise, but if you must only 30 min a day & nothing more vigorous than walking / low impact. & the weight you lose is from the areas you most want to lose it from (thighs, stomach, hips, butt) & will stay off if you follow the plan to stabilize your body. at the end of the program, the hCG drops are supposed to have reset your metabolism.

hope this helps -- from an actual hCG drop, user who used www.livethin.net

Well this makes the piss drops even more appealing!
  • Jorra
    Options
    A diet which forbids exercise should be a HUGE red flag.

Also, I believe any doctor which prescribes HCG to anyone, especially people who are not morbidly obese, should have their licenses revoked. A very low calorie diet may be prescribed in extreme cases of obesity, but HCG does not help anything either way.
  • jnnfrnchls07
    Options
    Piss drops ?! What's with the name calling.. This hormone opens up the fat stores in our body when a woman is pregnant to feed the fetus from what the body already has available. So taking these drops will cause your body to think you are pregnant just enough to consume the excess calories. It is not recommended using the drops month after month so your body doesn't become immune. I found it to be a safe, effective way. It just takes commitment, like everything else. I plan on working out & using the drops for my last 10-20 lbs to lose. The drops on-line aren't as potent as the shots in the doctor's office & I know someone who used the shots & lost weight / kept it off effectively.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Piss drops ?! What's with the name calling.. This hormone opens up the fat stores in our body when a woman is pregnant to feed the fetus from what the body already has available. So taking these drops will cause your body to think you are pregnant just enough to consume the excess calories. It is not recommended using the drops month after month so your body doesn't become immune. I found it to be a safe, effective way. It just takes commitment, like everything else. I plan on working out & using the drops for my last 10-20 lbs to lose. The drops on-line aren't as potent as the shots in the doctor's office & I know someone who used the shots & lost weight / kept it off effectively.

That's what it is.
    And your post is wrong and dangerous on every point.
  • Jorra
    Options
    I suggest you read this blog. It contains information pulled from credible sources which do not aim to sell HCG. Also, HCG is commonly called piss drops because the hormone is derived from pregnant women's urine.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MrsCon40/view/hcg-a-handy-reply-to-the-multitude-of-quick-fix-seekers-148860
    Back in the 1930’s, a physician named A.T.W. Simeons was using hCG for the standard reproductive medical conditions for which it was approved. He observed that some of his patients dropped weight while on the hCG injections. Thinking that perhaps the hCG was the cause, he administered the injections along with a dietary plan to overweight patients and noted weight loss. Please note that subsequent researchers repeated his clinical study and were never able to replicate any association between hCG and weight loss.

Since then, most independent, peer-reviewed studies have shown no difference in weight loss between subjects on a low-calorie diet who received hCG injections and subjects who received a placebo. In 1975, the FDA noted that hCG is not a weight loss drug. In 1995, the British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology published a summary of research showing no hCG related weight loss association. The American Society of Bariatric Physicians does not recommend hCG for weight loss as noted in a December 2009 position paper.
  • jacque122
    jacque122 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I tried for 3 days and all I got was a mouth full of blisters...
  • jnnfrnchls07
    Options
    The program does not forbid exercising. on this VLCD, even though your body is getting it's nutrients from the fat stores being burned & the 500 calories, exercising is not recommended because a higher calorie burn workout would not be supported by the limited caloric intake. This plan would not work on just 500 calories with the hCG drops because your body would be eating the wrong kind of fat to lose weight / maintain energy. I tend to do research before I answer message boards.
  • michelerich77
    michelerich77 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    OOHHHHH S**T! I seriously did not mean to open a fight piss war everyone.. Im really new to this group, and I found out my aunt and cousin were doing it.. I DO NOT CONDONE THIS, I was just asking.. Im really sorry guys I opened this book..... Lets all just chalk it up to a bad decision on my part and lets keep the peace.. Im really sorry guys....
  • Steven
    Steven Posts: 593 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that our users follow the calorie guidelines automatically assigned by our site, unless they are under the direct supervision of a doctor. We are currently reviewing the medical literature on the HCG/500 calorie diet and reserve the right to moderate against discussions of this diet at any time in the future.

For the time being, HCG discussions remain an option for members in the Groups section. Please remember that even in Groups, all site wide rules must be correctly moderated, or the Group runs the risk of deletion. Specifically, endorsement of purchasing prescription supplements or medications without a prescription is in violation of the MyFitnessPal posting guidelines, which can be reviewed here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Thank you all for your concern. We're definitely looking closely at this issue.
  • jnnfrnchls07
    Options
    Well, just like everything else, not everything works for everyone. All I can testify to is that it worked for me & I plan to use them again. You have your opinions, I have my facts.
This discussion has been closed.