anybody out there doing richard simmons?

Options
I started back doing it again the orginal one i use to do richard simmons with my mom she got me doing it when I was a kid my mom and aunt lost alot of weight on it back in their yonger days.. my question is, is their any body else doing it or I'm the only one workingout old school style

Replies

• dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    i have all teh richard simmons tapes(hand-me-downs from my brother from my mom)....i have never done them but i have always thought he was so inspirational! and i love the fact he has overweight people on there doing the exercises with him
  • DanceMomCG
    DanceMomCG Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! Sweatin' to the oldies was sooooo much fun! I can remember doing it with my mom as a kid!!! If I had a copy of it, I'd give it shot every now and then for fun.
  • supershiny
    supershiny Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Haha I have totally done them in the past! He is just so happy about life. I love Richard :) I think he is the original Zumba!
  • tropicalicyicy
    tropicalicyicy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    hahah richard simmons...i actually should start working out to his videos, at least it would make me laugh.
  • InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Er... Mrs Simmons? :wink:
  • vold94
    vold94 Posts: 256
    Options
    I have his original sweating to the oldies and do them once and awhile. It does really make you sweat and a good workout in anything that makes you move and sweat. So I would say if you enjoy doing them and have fun with them, go ahead and do them.
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    My dad has a box set of the DVDs and he promised to burn me a copy, can't wait to pick them up next time I see him!
  • Amandamccl
    Amandamccl Posts: 380
    Options
    Haha I have totally done them in the past! He is just so happy about life. I love Richard :) I think he is the original Zumba!

yes I didn't think of that he is the original zumba I agree
  • TiffyBear415_xx
    Options
    Richard Simmons is a regular part of my workouts. :) I just love him and the fact that he has bigger people working out with him. Plus its fun!
  • d0ni
    d0ni Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Not the only old school one -- Richard Simmons is the one workout my mom will do with me! He really is so inspirational, and his positive energy makes it more enjoyable :)
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I just happened to think of him when looking through Netflix vids to rent and thought I bet he has a great workout, not too mention he is funny. I got a copy of the 80's Blast Off in the mail today and can't wait to try it. Never used his dvd's b4.
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I have his DVD's. They are fun and it is nice seeing people who look like you
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    No reason you can't do old workouts. I love a really old Cindy Crawford one that I have !
  • ymvestal
    Options
    On purpose??? LOL
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Nah.......I'm straight. lol
  • TRIMoses59
    TRIMoses59 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have his tapes but only a DVD now! Need to find him on DVD. I used to love working out to him.
  • TRIMoses59
    TRIMoses59 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Calories nurned by Richards DVD's.

Average Exertion

An average Richard Simmons DVD includes 30 minutes of sustained exertion, along with some low-impact warm up and cool down. In the 30 minutes of aerobics, a 160-lb. person burns 220 calories, a 180-lb. person burns 248 and a 225-lb. person burns 303.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/295664-how-many-calories-are-burned-during-a-richard-simmons-dvd/#ixzz1icsU9x1N
  • Poohsta0
    Poohsta0 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Er... Mrs Simmons? :wink:

There is a Mrs Simmons...?
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I did Sweatin to the oldies 2 last night and it was so much fun i plan on doing it every few days.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    He's so hot. I wish I was doing Richard Simmons.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTn8DP2jMTuWO3GMntMog-v7cfqRQprHD6yFM0xvT2GaXQQ5gOr-Y5M-v-GA