Need Motivaton

Options
Hey there! I am just getting started on my new weight loss journey. I have to be in my best friends wedding in June, and I would like to get as much weight off as I can, but for now, the goal is 40 pounds by then. I have little motivation to get started, and want to so badly, but for some reason, I just don't! I always have an excuse, but never do anything about it. Now is the time, I don't want to look back on pictures of her big day, and hate the way I look. I need friends for motivation, and I need lots of it!

Replies

• Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    My name is Kim, 48, and I have about 90 lbs. to lose. Feel free to add me. I'm on here everyday.
  • nm131533
    Options
    You can do it :)
  • twanthe1
    twanthe1 Posts: 407
    Options
    Hello - wish you the best of luck, feel free to add me for support.
  • grannyneedstobefit
    Options
    Hi,
    My name is Kathy, I know exactly what you mean by needing motivation. In the last year and a half I have lost 60 lbs got tired of watching what I ate all the time went off the wagon. I need to loose 50 more. .

You are a very pretty girl!!! My advice is take very small steps take one day at a time each smart choice tell yourself "hey I can do this!' If you mess up tell yourself"ok I messed up my next choice is going to be the right one!' It will start coming off a pound at a time.
    You want this bad go for it! Please if you like add me for support I would like to work thru this together if you want.:)
  • kimberjo1
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement! It really makes things a lot easier!!! I am still learning this site, but I am loving it so far! Everyone is so supportive, and that is exactly what I needed! Thank you all! :happy:
  • breesensei
    Options
    The best advice is,
    start small!
    Try to eat 2 servings of fruit a day in place of other unhealthy snacks
    Walk around your neighborhood, look at the scenery.
    All you do is train your brain to love healthy food and all the things you were eating will seem revolting (I am not there yet but I hear it time and time again)
    I just started doing these things a few days ago.
    I have purchased a cheap $150 golds gym treadmill from walmart
    and its excellent!(I try to walk at least 2 miles a day)
    I watch calories and try to eat smarter.
    I bought some TASTY atkins protein shakes (cafe carmel flavor YUUUM) for the AM
    they do help me feel fuller, not as full as food, but not like slimfast (never worked for me and I was ALWAYS hungry after the shake or TINY chocolate flavored bar)

Exercise is wonderful! It will inhance your mood ( lood at me :D)
    help you sleep better
    help you feel better
    and look better!

I BELIEVE IN YOU!
    REMEMBER... DRINK AS MUCH WATER AS POSSIBLE during your weight loss journey.
    Its good for your soul
  • fatnomo100
    Options
    Welcome! And great advice breesensei!!
  • kimberjo1
    Options
    I drank so much water today, I was in the bathroom all day, LOL! I am well on my way! I am so ready to do this! Great advice, and I will start all of it!
  • Aerialanew
    Aerialanew Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I drank so much water today, I was in the bathroom all day, LOL! I am well on my way! I am so ready to do this! Great advice, and I will start all of it!

hey, Bee the first few days of increased water intake will have you in the potty a lot until your body gets used to it. but stay strong. i have to loose about 150 lbs just to reach a weight of 200 lbs. but i am determined and refuse not to get healthy. i believe in you and everybody else who have determination. just stick with it, and remember that if you do slip up, DON'T HOUND YOURSELF. reflect on why it happened and take the required steps so that it won't happen again. Best Wishes Aerial
  • angiereeves33
    Options
    You can do it!
    Such great first steps you're taking.
    Feel free to add me too.
    I have four kids- 6, 4, 4, and 2, but I do try to log in everyday.
    I don't always track all my stuff here, but I love reading others' struggles and inspiring victories. Helps keep it all real and keeps me motivated. And sharing the love keeps it all going round!

One day at a time. Don't beat yourself up for small set backs. Just learn from your falls, learn what triggers them, and do better ;) Do your best and forget the rest!!

-Angie