Introducing myself...what things work for you??

Options
What are some hints and tips that work for you to get fit and stay on track??

Looking for motiviating ideas!

Thanks,
Nancy

Replies

• deannarey13
    Options
    Eating 5 small meals throughout the day. Herbalife. Exercise. Lots of protein. Fruits and Veggies. Staying away from resturaunts as much as possible.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    There's not much else to do here in the penitentiary.
  • Football_N_Guns
    Football_N_Guns Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I have found that if I eat healthy foods in moderation and get plenty of exercise, I lose weight.
  • kat65
    kat65 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Focus on 30 minutes of exercise per day, eat 5 oz of protein per meal, when hungry - eat protein, cook at home instead of eating out, shakes are good, but don't 100 percent use them because one day you have to eat regular food again - or, beware of fad diets, when you skp off your plan - as we all do - dust yourself off again, asap, and start over. It's all about trail and error. Also, it helps to have a large group of friends on here to help support you and give advice.
  • cstahnke
    Options
    Logging my food is a biggie. But the biggest is making exercise a routine. Find the best time of day for you and keep doing it. There are an infinite number of reasons NOT to do it regularly but you have to commit to it. Just do it and overcome the excuses that crop up......every single time. Keep doing it, just keep doing it and don't stop. You would be absolutely amazed the number of difficulties and problems that arise when you commit to a routine. You have to overcome them all. It's easy though....just do it!

Nope, I can't do that...I'm working out.
    You guys will have to manage this without me, I'm going to exercise.
    Can we figure this out later, I have somewhere i need to be.
    I can't stay late, I have plans. I can't come in early, I have plans.
    Sure, let's go out to lunch. Subway sounds good!
    etc. etc. etc.
  • Stevebone42
    Options
    Find new interesting healthy foods to try and the same for exercise. Boredom is a killer of motivation. Having lots of friends helps too. feel free to add me. I'm new here too.