Hi all.

Options
Just wanted to say hi. I hope everyone is doing well on their goals, whether it be losing weight or just getting in shape. I, myself want to do both. I need to lose around 50 pounds. I have started walking a track for an hour a day, and running up and down bleachers. I haven't seen any weight loss, as of yet, but I do feel better. I recently quit smoking, going on four weeks, and partly started exercising to keep the weight at bay. I do some biking, spin class( indoors) or outdoors when the weather is good. I live in Canada, and we are still in winter and still cold for the most part. Anyhow, I think this site is just what I need. It will provide me with the tools I need to make a change in my life. I will keep in touch, and post a blog every now and then. Talk to you all later.

Replies

• biglittlesister
    Options
    Just wanted to say hi. I hope everyone is doing well on their goals, whether it be losing weight or just getting in shape. I, myself want to do both. I need to lose around 50 pounds. I have started walking a track for an hour a day, and running up and down bleachers. I haven't seen any weight loss, as of yet, but I do feel better. I recently quit smoking, going on four weeks, and partly started exercising to keep the weight at bay. I do some biking, spin class( indoors) or outdoors when the weather is good. I live in Canada, and we are still in winter and still cold for the most part. Anyhow, I think this site is just what I need. It will provide me with the tools I need to make a change in my life. I will keep in touch, and post a blog every now and then. Talk to you all later.
  • heatther
    heatther Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I am trying to lose 60lbs so you are not alone!

Good luck
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. I hope it helps you meet your goals. I know it helps me everyday.

Enjoy :bigsmile:
  • danaanlugh
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Keep at it, and you will reach your goals... MFP is definitely a GREAT start! Good health to you! :drinker:
  • pete
    pete Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    welcome and good luck!
  • TheTimeIsNow
    Options
    Definitly welcome. This is a great place to start. Everyone here is in the same boat and we understand what it feels like when it gets hard to stick to. Good luck on your journey. Lemme know if you ever need anything.
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you! Nice to see another Alberta gal on here!!!