Unusual sports and workouts

Options
2»

Replies

• nukehiker
    Options
    how about a work out at one of those indoor trampoline places ? like www.skyzone.com or something similar ?
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Ohh..basketball or semi-organised hoops is an amazing amazing cardio work-out,too!!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately anything that might risk my hands getting damaged even a little is out since I'm a violinist

Depends on how careful you have to be.

Consider Yoga, Tai Chi or Martial art classes with little to no contact, or cycling/rowing/running clubs

Specifically with martial arts, but any good club or group should be able to adapt to your needs or at least tell you in advance that they won't be able to.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Rock climbing is really fun and very challenging mentally too as try to stay on the right paths.

I live in an area where rowing is really popular. There are a couple of rowing docks where you can learn to row on the lake instead of the rowing machines. It's such a good workout, (obviously the rowing machine is) but on the water everything is about balance. Such a good core workout on top of all the other obvious muscle groups. They always have beginner classes and the membership is the same as a gym. Once you're ready you can go out as much as you like anytime of day, by yourself or with others. It's so peaceful on the lake in the morning, it's amazing.
  • Scoobiesnax
    Scoobiesnax Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how careful you need to be with your hands but up here in canada a lot of people are getting into Ultimate Frisbee, and also Dodge Ball. Yes...I kid you not. Dodge Ball. It's a great cardio workout and is good for agility, hand-eye coordination, great cardio workout too. Ultimate Fridsbee is a good workout as well...and is a really social activity.
    Best of luck in "shaking things up"...I know what it's like to get stuck in a workout rut.
    Cheers !
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I ballroom dance, study aikido, do crossfit, ice skate in the winter, cycle in the summer, occasionally do indoor rock climbing and I'm training for a triathlon sprint next July.
  • Bhan133
    Bhan133 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm from Ireland and Ultimate Frisbee is really starting to grow quite fast. Fantastic sport, great fun and you forget how much you need to run when playing