When you are sick.......

Options
cramernh
cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
...what foods do you stick with to not just stay on program but to also get yourself back to health?

Im not asking for ideas nor wanting ideas... just curious to see what people's goto food is when they are sick

Ive got a scorching case of bilateral middle ear infections, full upper respiratory infection complete with every damn sinus cavity feeling like it was filled with concrete.

I woke up this morning and immediately knew that I had to have a Jewish Chicken-Matzoh ball soup cooking... thats all I want when Im sick. I made a good TWO GALLONS worth and kept the matzoh balls on the side that way when I reheat the soup, I can do so in individual portions and have a half portion of matzoh balls (I love them damn little things!)

My husband woke up to the aroma in the house and immediately went for the pot of soup! LOL!!!!

What is your go-to-food-when-you-are-sick?

Replies

• krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    My momma's chicken noodles soup. I don't get sick often, but when I do it is so bad I can't cook for myself. So mom always brings some over. Of course my husband is glad to eat it too. Honestly, when I'm sick I don't think much about dieting because I have to force myself to eat since I can't taste anything.
  • HarrietSabre
    HarrietSabre Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I don't have one really! I used to eat plain spaghetti with cheddar cheese grated over the top, but now I tend to avoid food and stick to gallons of fruit tea and lucozade :)
  • thejackswild79
    Options
    Grilled cheese. It is just wonderful no matter how crappy I feel.
  • beautybloom
    Options
    my mom makes a tomato soup with burger and rice in it and it's sooo good! I also love Popsicle when I'm sick cause it's helps my throat!
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain with this question. I was not feeling well at all the other day. I basically ate a banana and a ton of soup. I just have to eat light foods.
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    chicken lemon rice soup (Greek-style)