Cramps in feet

Options
So weird question.... i get really bad cramps in the soles of my feet when doing calf exercises... They run from the middle of my foot from base of toes to the just before the heal! just wondering what may cause this... I do have expensive good shoes so doubting that is the problem! I am lifting hard for low reps any one know what this could be...

Replies

• careyharv
    careyharv Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    It might be too much strain on your feet when lifting. What do you mean when you say "lifting hard for low reps"? Is that heavy weight? Also are you sitting or standing when doing calf exercises?

Another issue could be that your feet got injured. I recommend going for a lighter weight with higher reps to burn your calves. If the problem continues, have a doctor check them out if you can.
  • beckystephens
    beckystephens Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Google "plantar fasciitis"
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I get these all the time! My doctor said that if i'm working out a lot then I should start putting salt on my food (I never eat salt) cause I need the extra sodium. Weird right! Anyway, that solved the problem while i was at bootcamp. I imagine that a sports drink would do the same. But like Carey said, maybe you pulled something
  • poppadop89
    Options
    I get that sometimes, too. Mainly from seated calf raises. My guess is, its just the amount of pressure coming down on your foot. As you press up on your toes, your feet is flexed / arched, thus causing some possible cramping. Heavy weight will do that.
  • slbeutler
    slbeutler Posts: 205
    Options

I have this and this pain usually occurs after you are done working out, not during a particular exercise. Mine flares up about 1 hour after a workout and the next day.

The cramping could also be simple the postion your foot is in, try flexing or placing it slightly differently.
  • beckystephens
    beckystephens Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    yeah i only get mine when i run, but figured worth a shot.

I have this and this pain usually occurs after you are done working out, not during a particular exercise. Mine flares up about 1 hour after a workout and the next day.

The cramping could also be simple the postion your foot is in, try flexing or placing it slightly differently.