My New Years resolutions!

Options
I resolve to accomplish the following goals.
a) to reach my goal weight of 185 (i started last march at 265)

When I do reach my goal
a) I resolve to NOT wear Affliction t-shirts (including "Invisa-Lats" - where the guys walk with their arms out like they have HUGE lats)
b) I resolve to NOT wear "Baby Gap" shirts. Why do people wear super tight shirts.. its a matter of taste, but looks a bit douche-like to me.
c) i resolve to NOT grow one of those pencil thin beards
d) I resolve to NOT have fitness and diet as the only topic I can talk about with friends or people I meet.. Any person with only a single topic of discussion is pretty dull in my opinion.

I want to be healthier for a few reasons. Most importantly because I adore my beautiful wife, I love my family and friends, and would like to spend as much time with them as I can. Secondly, I was feeling so bad at my peak weight of 280+ as compared to today (210), and I look forward to that feeling of "lightness" that you get when you are lean and strong. Last but not least, my wife and I work with high school kids in our youth group and we both want to be a positive role model for the kids in terms of health and fitness.

dropping weight can fix some physical problems, but if you are a nervous, self-conscious and neurotic person at 300lbs, you will just be a skinny, neurotic person at 150lbs, and will probably still be self conscious and self-critical. Perhaps its a new fitness concept to have a gym that works on physical well-being as well as the mental health of the customers. Before I get flamed, I am just as flawed as any other person out there. I have learned so much about myself over the years and age/time has provided me some insight on my own behaviors and motivations. My sole reason for writing this post was just to be funny and joke about the urge that some people have to want to show off their bodies as they get in shape. I have nothing against Affliction t-shirts and one of my best buddies wears them often. I just hope to have enough genuine self confidence when i get to my goal weight that I can wear clothes that fit, and to not try to dress like a 20 year old college guy. some of you will get what I am trying to say, others will not, and the majority of MFP users will never see this..

Replies