Team UK: Week 3

Options

Replies

• Cinnamon_Kisses
    Options
    Hi Rikki :smile:

I had a wholewheat tortilla wrap with chicken fajita, beetroot salad, spring onion, salsa, mushrooms and a touch of half fat fromage frais - comes in at just under 400 cals :tongue:

That sounds so good!! Might have to try that. Did you have salsa with it?
  • glittergirlamy14
    glittergirlamy14 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Sounds yum! I wouldn't be able to only have one wrap though, I'd need to have about 3!!

x
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Death in a bag! :laugh: Sounds like a sit com title :wink:

Yes I've heard that the earlier you eat the better. If I don't eat later I snack, so I'm sticking to dinner time. The wraps are with salsa. I keep meaning to make it but so far I've been getting gorgeous chunky salsa off the deli. I use about 3 tablespoons in the wrap. sometimes I also have it on a ham salad roll for lunch and once I even roasted veg in it - turned out lovely and spicy :tongue:

Helen is around, she's been in the gym lots and working late shifts. I'll ask her to call in :smile:
  • lorro
    Options
    Sounds yum! I wouldn't be able to only have one wrap though, I'd need to have about 3!!

x

Hi Amy :smile: These tortilla are as big as a big dining plate - not those tiny ones they serve fajitas with in restaurants. The only problems is I fill them so much it's hard to eat them without making a total mess! Not one for dinner guests :laugh:
  • Cinnamon_Kisses
    Options

Yes I've heard that the earlier you eat the better. If I don't eat later I snack, so I'm sticking to dinner time. The wraps are with salsa. I keep meaning to make it but so far I've been getting gorgeous chunky salsa off the deli. I use about 3 tablespoons in the wrap. sometimes I also have it on a ham salad roll for lunch and once I even roasted veg in it - turned out lovely and spicy :tongue:

Helen is around, she's been in the gym lots and working late shifts. I'll ask her to call in :smile:

Cheers Lorro, I've been running out of dinner ideas and this sounds good. I love guacamole, might put some of that on as well.
  • Cinnamon_Kisses
    Options

Cheers Lorro, I've been running out of dinner ideas and this sounds good. I love guacamole, might put some of that on as well.
  • Bulletproof_Helen
    Bulletproof_Helen Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Hello all, sorry for being away so much, shifts and gym takes up most of my time then my housework too it's all go go go :happy:

I don't know whether I am losing or not at the moment, my weigh in is tomorrow but due to the exercise i have a feeling I am stuck on a plateau because muscle is heavier than fat, my clothes are certainly spacious :bigsmile:

Sorry for the short message, I have to switch this hot laptop off :grumble: will pop by tomorrow sometime :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • lorro
    Options
    Cinnamon, guacamole is great with it too, or avocado of you can afford the cals.

So Helen, you've been out nicking laptops again!?! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Can you tell I've spent 2 days housebound with ill kids? :noway: Pray for health and sanity to return to my household tomorrow
  • RikkiLeigh
    RikkiLeigh Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi all,

Sorry i didnt post to my own question yesterday! I did my run of ......... Wait for it....... 6 MILES! And OMG i was half dead and couldnt manage to pull myself on to the PC. i am so very pleased, that right now im on target. Another mile extra by the end of the week i hope!

I weighed in yesterday and was pleased with the result. I managed an extra Lb off so im Plateu-ing yet!

And my bum has actualyl started to lift :tongue:
    SO all well and good.

I cooked homemade lasagne - I followed a low cal recipe (Sort of) and i think between 4 of us - its about 350 Cals - Bran Flakes for breakfast with a good cup of PG!

MMMmmm
    Have a great day :happy:

__x
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Good morning Everyone! And Helloo to the Newbies!! Nice to see you all around!

I feel a might have missed a massive chunk of last nights chats on here! Your dinners all sounded lovely! I had Legs Bums and Tums last night as well as 20 mis in the gym, so for dinner i had wholewheat fusilli pasta with 1/2 can of tuna and sweetcorn.. so a sort of tuna pasta bake but without the white sauce and cheese!!

Breakfast was mini wheats, no milk.. and a Lemon and Lime tea! Yum Yum Yum! Mid morning snack will be some almonds...

Not going to the gym tonight.. my feet are all blistered from my RUBBISH trainers.. so i now cant walk flat on my feet.. Very painful might i just add!! :sick:

Hi Helen!! Lovely to see you around!!! Whoo hoo for the spacious clothes!

Katherine :heart:
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    wow! i missed a big convo last night :p got talking to someone on placment and ended up leaving at about quarter to 7 instead of 4.30 oops.

I agree all your dinners did sound lovely!

i had pasta and cheese last night, and an ice pop, couldnt be bothered to make anything more exciting.

having chicken vindaloo tonight though, yum yum yum

i would have quavers, if i could find the salt and vinegar ones :p

Katie
  • Cinnamon_Kisses
    Options
    Good evening all,

Hope your kids are feeling better today Lorro and you haven't gone completely mad :happy:

Good to hear from you Helen! Glad you're sticking at the gym, you must be burning so many calories!! I went swimming for an hour today, probably going to be the most exercise I get until this time next week when my exams are over. Even with the extra exercise calories I went over on protein today! Although I see a lot of the people on the boards think the protein setting is too low and I didn't go over by too much so I'm not too worried.

Having prawn thai green curry tomorrow for din dins yummmm. I'm working tomorrow night which usually means picking at the biscuits in the office but I'll try to refrain!

I hope everybody is doing their lunges and squats!!

:drinker:
  • Cinnamon_Kisses
    Options
    Also Katie, we seem to have the exact same goals!! What height are you?
  • curvykatie
    Options

I am 5'4", you really need to tell me how your losing weight lol, you seem to be losing it really easy! spill the secret :tongue:
  • Cinnamon_Kisses
    Options

I am 5'4", you really need to tell me how your losing weight lol, you seem to be losing it really easy! spill the secret :tongue:

I'm 5'3"!! My secret is enjoying a healthy lifestyle, exercising everyday, and secret lipo at the weekend :laugh:

I've cut out alcohol, try to go swimming at least 3 times a week and plan the next days food in advance so I know I won't slip up. I snack on muller light, little boxes of raisins (from the kids section in Asda, I have a supply of them in my bag, my friends think I'm mad) and cucumber and cottage cheese. I'm averaging a loss of 1.5lbs a week. It's not easy at all :sad: I live near a fish and chip shop and it's CONSTANT torture.
  • curvykatie
    Options
    its the exercise that i totaly fall down on, i cant control my eating completely, but doing exercise ................
  • Cinnamon_Kisses
    Options
    I hears ya, I have no motivation when it comes to exercise. I can do a full hour of swimming because I don't get all sweaty and out of breath which really puts me off. Is it time constraints or have you not found something you enjoy?
  • curvykatie
    Options
    its just getting motivated to actualy do it, and i hate doing things on my own, so any exercise that involves going out of the house i wont do, i wish i could, but i just cant do it
  • lorro
    Options
    Hi Everyone :smile:

6 Miles! Rikki I'm impressed! Is there such a thing as low cal lasagne? I NEED the recipe! :laugh:

Katie I had eactly the same problem with exercise. Is there anything you can do at home? Dance aerobics works for me, as long as I get decent music. You can get 10 min routines to start and build up to longer ones when you've got the exercise bug. Believe me, I thought I was immune. If I can get it, anyone can.

Cinnamon I'm 5' 3.5" Always rounded up :tongue: Lol to the secret lipo. Could never do that, no matter how loaded I was. love the way you casually say "I've cut out alcohol"! :happy: :noway: I've cut back, but 1 glass a night is my minimum, for now anyway. My daughter is better, thanks, so sanity has returned :happy:
  • lorro
    Options
    PS to Katherine - Buy new trainers!