Why am I eating way too much protein?

Options
I'm new here, and have only been tracking for three days. Each day, I've far exceeded my protein intake, but I really don't think I'm overdoing it - just trying to make satisfying choices. Could someone please check out my food and tell me where I should cut back? Thanks!

Replies

• runningathena
    runningathena Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Your diary isn't set to public.

IMHO, protein is a good thing, especially if you're exercising vigorously on a regular basis. It helps with muscle recovery, keeps you feeling full, etc. I upped my "max" protein intake for that reason. I'd be more concerned with high sugar or sodium levels.
  • sheinz7132
    sheinz7132 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    If you find out, I would love to know. I have been doing this for five days and my protein is twice what they say it should be and my carbs are WAY under what they should be. I can't imagine cutting out some of my lean proteins and adding more carbs.
  • Cr357
    Cr357 Posts: 238
    Options
    Your body will take what it needs and then the rest of the protein will be converted to glucose for energy, so as long as you hit you caloric goal it balances out.
  • nicksaysnever
    Options
    If you go to Home > Goals > Change Goals > Custom you can manually adjust your protein/carb/fat ratios. MFP seems to default to higher carb/lower protein, which isn't reflective of everyone's lifestyle, especially if you are trying for a lower carb diet.

As long as you are under your calorie goals, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
  • mrslack
    mrslack Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! This was baffling to me - if anything, I should reduce my carbs/sugar! I'll change the settings and go from there.